Greetings, TEST!

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Hey there, TEST!

Sky Captain here. Despite my avatar's dapper look, I'm a grizzled old gaming veteran (shhh don't tell my wife) from the Age of Pong! Which means that I now have decades of experience leading fellow gamers to their doom on adventures in countless galaxies far, far away. I've gotten lost more times than I can remember, crashed a hundred times more planes than I have shot down, died countless horrific deaths in many pits of despair, and … well, you get the picture, I have a longer gaming resume than I can remember with the scars to prove it. These days, in my later years, I've hung up my achiever boots and spurs to just settle down down and blow the crap out of stuff with a few capital ships. But not alone! I'm looking for a fun team with a great sense of humor to go along with their shared purpose to join me on the ride. And that is what has led me to your awesome group.

Originally hailing from ye olde' lands of Pennsylvania, I now live on the moonscape called New Mexico! (highly recommended). Beyond a love of all things starships, I'm one of those original Wing Commander players and saw the opportunity to follow Chris Roberrts to a next landmark game as a great, maybe the best, opportunity to find a truly epic game to call home for the next few decades. With the heart of both a strategic battlefield commander and explorer, I look forward to all things Star Citizen has to offer, especially casually poking around with the team right up to assembling a squadron of ships to defend the universe as we know it. Indeed the first experience I had doing all of these things was in Pong, which for those who dont know that game, can teach you all that you need to know about gaming, and life, and... well, or not. Presently I bop around in Shroud of the Avatar a bit when not flying my Cutlass upside down inside the hanger at Area 18, but presently am trying my hand at few of the excellent single player games out there around the holidays.

Picard or Kirk? That's the toughest guild/fleet recruitment question ever! Being perennial Star Trek binge watchers in this household for decades now, I have to say that I like 'em all. But if presssed I have to go with Kirk as the 'original' because I remember watching him in the near-original run with my dad as a kid still. Anson Mount's Captain Pike currently intrigues me as next potential for a next series featuring the Enterprise.

I look forward to gaming with y'all. Look me up if I can be of service.

Cheers!
Sky Captain (<----my favorite non-Trek non-SW Sci Fi movie).
@theskycaptain

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Sky captain and the world of tomorrow is an interesting choice for a favourite
Yeah, I've seen a lot of sci fi so it can be a tough pick. But that film stands out to me as 'different'. While it might not have today's polish (I think it was the first film to use green screens), its got a nice combo of 1930's Flash Gordon, old detective comic book pulp, a 'we are all screwed so lets have fun anyway' type of heroism and comedy, and a good cast. Oh and a pseudo-Kraken (before Avengers and Star Citizen did the same) captained by Angelina Jolie with a patch on one eye. So many sci fi films take themselves seriously, and the gem of this one was that it really didn't. All these parts make it stand out. I also really admire the sheer determination of a guy not in the industry to put it together and do such a great job of it, all things considered.

Reactions: Scape and Vavrik

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
Welcome Sky Captain!

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?