Greetings!

Ump

Captain
Sep 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Umpfu
Ump or Umpfu on RSI here. Long time nerd, computer games, D&D, etc. Getting older everyday, but still time to have fun.

Where you from stranger?
Indiana

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I had heard about it several times over the past few years, but decided to take the plunge after the 3.0 demonstration. Looks pretty neat.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Well so far, I am not a very good pilot, but I like exploration, mining, merchanting, but I am also quite willing to get into a scrap if necessary.

What was the first game you remember playing?
First computer game....a text based adventure game one of my mom's coworkers showed me. It was similar to Zork, but from the 70's. First I really played was Wizardry on an Apple ][+.

What other games do you play?
Variety of Steam games like Fallout, Naval Action most recently. Generally a mix of single and multi player.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
The forum signatures! From there it was a rabbit hole...

Picard or Kirk?
Today is the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, so I must, out of respect, choose Kirk.

Another thing driving me looking for new friends, my brother passed away last week and he was my long time gaming buddy. The hole in my life at the moment is quite large, and your squad seems like a lot of fun, and I could use some of that right now.

Look forward to more.

Ump

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Welcome to TEST Ump!! I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but you've come to the right place. Feel free to join us on discord at anytime. We have members in almost every time zone it would seem..Btw, I really enjoyed naval action when it came out, have they made any new patches?

Ump

Captain
Sep 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Umpfu
Thanks. Naval Action added a diplomacy type section where nations can declare war or ally with each other. The clan I am part of there is still active, but things have been a bit hectic lately so not much time to sail. As we move to the Fall, I have many house projects of course, but I will find more time for some flying.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Really sorry to hear about you brother. That's heartrending. I feel for you.

We have a pretty damn good group of people here. As @Murderer said, we all time zones covered, and have a very active community. Hop on discord, get to know some folks, or just peruse the forums.
If time and workload allow, I'll be on discord with y'all this weekend. Keep you stick on the ice and your head up partner.
Welcome to TEST.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Heya! Welcome to Test Squadron!

The D&D part caught my eye.
We have a special thread about that here:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-d-d.8488/ check it out perhaps?
We're still in the phase of making groups. Got 2 set up that's gonna start this weekend, and the third, I think is still looking for more!

Doctor Antelope

Admiral
Nov 7, 2014
RSI Handle
DoctorAntelope
I lost my brother a few years ago as well, he was my gaming partner too. People kept saying things like "in time it will feel better" or cliched "time heals all wounds", I thought they were full of shit at first, but it turned out to be true. Anyway, I know what you mean about there being a hole.

Hit me up anytime you wanna fly. Welcome to TEST Ump!

Last edited:

Ump

Captain
Sep 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Umpfu
Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate all the thoughts for me and my brother. It has been a tough week. Tomorrow night my folks, and other siblings are coming over to have a cook out and spend some time together. It should be good.

Every other Tuesday, I have been playing board games with a regular group of friends now going on 10 years. We just started a new D&D campaign last week. That will be fun. It will take months...grin.

Looking forward to getting more involved.

Ump

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Ump or Umpfu on RSI here. Long time nerd, computer games, D&D, etc. Getting older everyday, but still time to have fun.

Where you from stranger?
Indiana

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I had heard about it several times over the past few years, but decided to take the plunge after the 3.0 demonstration. Looks pretty neat.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Well so far, I am not a very good pilot, but I like exploration, mining, merchanting, but I am also quite willing to get into a scrap if necessary.

What was the first game you remember playing?
First computer game....a text based adventure game one of my mom's coworkers showed me. It was similar to Zork, but from the 70's. First I really played was Wizardry on an Apple ][+.

What other games do you play?
Variety of Steam games like Fallout, Naval Action most recently. Generally a mix of single and multi player.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
The forum signatures! From there it was a rabbit hole...

Picard or Kirk?
Today is the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, so I must, out of respect, choose Kirk.

Another thing driving me looking for new friends, my brother passed away last week and he was my long time gaming buddy. The hole in my life at the moment is quite large, and your squad seems like a lot of fun, and I could use some of that right now.

Look forward to more.

Ump
(Better late then never)
Welcome to TEST Squadron BEST Squardon!

Make yourself comfortable on our TEST-Welcome-Couch

http://hgtvhome.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/hgtv/fullset/2014/10/2/0/DP_Cecilia-Dupire-white-modern-livingroom-couch_h.jpg.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.853.jpeg

and feel free for taking a coffee in the best coffee bar around ;)

Cheers!
Sam

Reactions: Ump
Forgot your password?