Grinding Credits in Update v3.1.4

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I've also found there is no reason to grind aUEC right now, or the game will become incredibly dull, then a reset hits and you start all over again.

Don't forget to enjoy the game a little too.
  • Dogfighting is pretty much out of the picture at the moment, but you can try. Sometimes its OK.
  • Provide security for people clearing crimestat if you like action.
  • Race from one spot or outpost, to another on a different moon.
  • Learn to land in all sorts of conditions, with different ships. Very un-test like I suppose, to learn how to land.
  • Take an URSA for a spin on the moons. That's a lot of fun, they're each very different experiences. Off-roading was never so much fun. When you get ...air?... on Delamar (lowest gravity) or Cellin (fastest runs), look down and see how high you got. And the pile of rocks that you're going to land on. Some very test like experiences in rovers.
@Clandestine ^ what @Vavrik said is the way to go. The game gets totally reset every time there is an update, so you could grind away and lose all the aUEC when they issue a new patch.

My recommendation is to a) don't worry about aUEC now, try out all the different things you can in the game, like suggested above.

I would also suggest b) try out Arena Commander, both dogfighting, FPS, and especially *Racing* to learn the controls and earn REC. They don't ever take away REC, so you can earn that and then use it to "rent" equipment to use, either in Arena Commander or in-game (for now, at least).

Clandestine

Grand Admiral
May 12, 2018
RSI Handle
Clandestine
Levski is glitching out and it is hard to get in and if you manage to get in
I did a run with this last night and my ship disappeared physically, but still showed up as being 200 meters away, while I was selling my cargo. I ran around in my rover for a few, came back in about 15 mins, and I was able to pull my Aquila out of the terminal and onto a landing pad. If your problem was the same thing (ship disappears and doesn't show up in kiosk), perhaps if you give it 15 mins or so, it'll respawn. Or maybe I just got lucky.

I'm currently having the bug where no ship shows up in the Commodities' exchange kiosk on Olisar. So currently trying to figure that one out.

dynamic economy,
This is my understanding of it too. That and prices will fluxuate a little like the stock market too. It will be helpful to have communication between friendly/orgy contacts to know what a particular price is on a commodity in real time (assuming the price doesn't fluxuate by the minute or some other ridiculous unit of time), in a given location.

Yes, mining will be a lot of fun and perhaps I or another of your friends can transport your 'goods' and Sale them for you.
My "goods" would be quite excited to find their way into your "cargo hold." But for sure, I'll be mining early game as much as I can and as soon as possible, then selling off every ore (refining some along the way into metals) collected as fast as we can fill up capacity of said transport ship. I'm unsure of how many people will be required to run the thing to actually generate ore or refine (hopefully having 3 PC helps), but you're welcome anytime. My brother owns a Vulcan to help with the repair/refueling part. Waiting to see if drones can move cargo from the Orion to other cargo ships and what amount of time that'll also take. Certainly advantageous to have each piece to the puzzle moving simultaneously.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
When that happens, it might be thinking your ship is on a different strut. Go the the ship terminal and spawn the ship, then try the commodities terminal and see if you can buy stuff.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You're forgetting to calculate opportunity cost into this plan. Keeping stuff in you storage which you just "might sell" will leave you with less profit on your regular products. Which might have minor profits but will generate profits. Hauling 25% Stuff around will leave you with 25% less profit. Also you might make 400% profit with 1% of your storage one day.
(Just a wild example appeared, its attack is not very strong)
Also don't forget that cargo will have weight and weight will use more fuel. So hauling around extra cargo that may sell will cost you in fuel and could easily eat into what ever profits might have existed.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Good thread I have not made any money in any of the 3 patches - might have to don my freelancer and give it a go!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Good thread I have not made any money in any of the 3 patches - might have to don my freelancer and give it a go!
Sure, why not. At this point though, just don't knock yourself out. They'll reset in ~ 4 weeks. That will feel like a stab in the back for a minute, but everyone has the reset. Hell I spent the first 3 days of 3.1.4 laughing at all the bellyaching about "lost aUEC".

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid
Ah yes, YouTubers are such experts.
Did he also mention that you are then a wanted criminal with NPCs & Players trying to kill you and that you are no longer welcome at PO?
No, he didn't mention that? Surprise......
Right now Olisar doesn't care about your crime stat. I did a bunch of shut off missions. The player bounty hunters made it more interesting :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hell I spent the first 3 days of 3.1.4 laughing at all the bellyaching about "lost aUEC".
Good god its not like they didn't tell everyone everywhere that this was the case.

Some people will complain about the sun coming up.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What you need, really need if you're not a morning person, is a kid who either plays hockey (Canada), or a kid in the FFA (USA) raising a heifer. Both will set you back 5K or more, and 5 AM is a regular thing. In fact, there are scenarios in which 5 AM will seem like sleeping in.

Forgot your password?