GSM Burner Phone Suggestions

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm thinking...if you are going places and you are worried about the physical safety or loss of your phone, go with the burner.

If, however, you are simply worried about safety/malware/other stuff on-line, I'd go with the VPN.
This is what I'm weighing. Pros/cons, etc

Reactions: Bambooza

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
get one of those chinese phones on aliexpress or wish they are cheap i have a friend who bought one and he likes it. I dont trust products like that because i can't confirm the chinese are not recording my conversations or spying on me.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger

The last entry in the wired article is on the "Burner" app, which is an app, not a phone. I could tell you more stuff, but I'm also a retired assassin and most of it is a bunch of John Wick stuff that you don't want to know about 🤫☠🕵️‍♂️

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Honestly, if you want secure, foreign travel ready phones, look towards blackberry. By far the most secure phones out of the box.

I carry a Blackberry Key2 for work but they have several less expensive options on sale as well. The OS is proprietary and designed with security as a focus, but they do support android apps.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Honestly, if you want secure, foreign travel ready phones, look towards blackberry. By far the most secure phones out of the box.

I carry a Blackberry Key2 for work but they have several less expensive options on sale as well. The OS is proprietary and designed with security as a focus, but they do support android apps.
Right. Because Canada rocks, lol. Yeah, I think I may be coming to a consensus in my wee little brain. Haha.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That's a thought. I didn't know there were tablets that did that.
Only issue with tablets is they don't easily fit in ones pocket when you're out and about.

Personally I usually just use a standard flip phone or cheap android as my phone over seas (google translate has been very helpful) and don't put anything else on it or store numbers. Then a puck with a tablet and/or laptop for communicating home as well as anything else personal.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Only issue with tablets is they don't easily fit in ones pocket when you're out and about.

Personally I usually just use a standard flip phone or cheap android as my phone over seas (google translate has been very helpful) and don't put anything else on it or store numbers. Then a puck with a tablet and/or laptop for communicating home as well as anything else personal.
This is the method I have settled on. Was given a Samsung A4 to utilize.
Are you planning to go to Asia or Europe? Or some other place....
Asia.

Reactions: Bambooza and Wolfy

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Oh well. You may want to learn the language in the country your going to. Seems most asian countries are generally bad at english. I'm not saying everyone is. But a lot. Unless your going to Hong Kong or something. Anyway, good luck m8 :)

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh well. You may want to learn the language in the country your going to. Seems most asian countries are generally bad at english. I'm not saying everyone is. But a lot. Unless your going to Hong Kong or something. Anyway, good luck m8 :)
Haha, thanks Elmy.

Reactions: Bambooza and Elmy
Forgot your password?