GTX 970 good enough for Star Citizen? (video)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Big shout out to everybody that helped out with the new PC!

This was an exciting build, its the first time I put a PC together that was not some sort of bundle or pre-built!

The quality parts like the cooler and modulare PSU make a huge difference that I never knew I cared about until now!

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Glad the upgraded system is working out so well! I am waiting to upgrade once SC is closer to release as I am also wanting to run a VR setup. Any issues with Windows 10 and SC or with joysticks?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Glad the upgraded system is working out so well! I am waiting to upgrade once SC is closer to release as I am also wanting to run a VR setup. Any issues with Windows 10 and SC or with joysticks?
Win10 upgrade is a smooth transition, everything works perfectly!

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Win10 upgrade is a smooth transition, everything works perfectly!
Good to know, I need a new hard drive before I do that jump.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
This Montoya guy skipped my name. Psh.

Anyways, the 970 is solid indeed. Will get by with no issues, even faster with windows 10. My 4x 290x got even faster with windows 10, like it really needed to be.

Reactions: honcho12

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Holy Crapola, glad to see you finally playing the game that it seems you were supposed to be playing since you're kinda the head of this org which is...wait a second. WTF? Why have you been leading...what? MY BRAIN!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
to be fair you look as if your nothing but brain...
You know when you're busy thinking all the time it's sometimes prudent to step back and take a look at yourself. Thank you for pointing out what I had forgotten already. I AM nothing but a brain. You have opened my non existent eyes :) MONTOYA IS THE GREATEST LEADER OF ALL TIME! He is like Hitler, if Hitler had not been a blonde haired, blue eyed, pure blooded....wait a second...MY BRAIN AGAIN !

Forgot your password?