CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I believe they mentioned on Twitter earlier today that they were taking down the servers for a couple hours for bug fixes and the like.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

Here's a screenshot from earlier today featuring TEST members in our makeshift camp in the woods. After scavenging for hours, battling bandits, and earning some good gear, we built a small base and became a group not to be trifled with. Many players met their unfortunate demise when trying to pick off one of us for loot. It certainly does do wonders running with a crew of helmeted survivalists armed to the teeth.

Although metal is painfully scarce, we're pretty well stocked up now and can tackle just about anything. We're on a PVP server called Skullcracker if you'd like to join the fray. :)

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I'd be interested in trying it once its actually out. Maybe a group of us get together and build a super base, rather than KOS?
You mean a super base that once up and running we treat all visitors to KOS?

Or perhaps we should run it like the Thunderdome. Everyone is to work for us and if they have an argument they have to fight the Blaster Master? You know Montoya as the brute with Little-Montoya on his shoulders leading with tactics...

We know who has the brains in the operation... ha.

EDIT: I'll start one up on skullcrusher. Are you using mumble to communicate or in game chat?

Reactions: CitizenDad

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
so i ran into a couple of guys that didn't kill me, and they took me to meet their friend who had spark plugs and needed a battery. i secretly kept to myself that i had found a car battery in case they'd want to kill me for it and eventually we ran across a small town (after a lot of running and eating of blackberries). When we got their we found their friend was fighting 2 guys and losing. So we helped to run them off, and maybe i was a bit zealous with my new found friends and i ended up chasing the bad guys into their base... where they ambushed me...

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
i've been scouting around the town Pleasant Valley, it's pretty big but no one group seems to be holding it. i'm camped out on top of an apartment building watching the supermarket, it's a pretty popular attraction. lots of individuals and little 2 man groups, but i'm not seeing any gangs or anything. i'm thinking a determined group could hold the whole town or lock down a nice section of it. I'm not up on all the crafting, i'll go check that out. if we can build walls and defensive stuff then taking control of a city and running a gang could be awesome.

edit: i looked up the crafting, i think with all the stuff that can be made it would be possible to defend a large part of a town. punji sticks, barbed wire and a whole lot of shacks and stuff could make walls of sorts.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Also, after months and months of SOE saying there will not be any "pay to win" in H1Z1, it's been confirmed that air drop crates in the Premium Edition contain weapons and ammo and not just cosmetic items like they said, effectively making the game pay to win. Ooops.

Good job, SOE.
i heard from several people that this game sux. My vote is on Standalone DayZ

Forgot your password?