Hammerhead Q&A

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
It is like a drug!!! Until the next concept sale...
Oh I know. I am gonna have to start doing over time now lol. At least I have a hammer head to melt lol. Makes you wonder, they had a hammer head this year, maybe they will have a bigger ship next year? Time to work all the over time haha. Or I just need to be happy with the hammer head:p i ignored star citizen after my initial investment to let the game grow, missed all the anniversary sales till this one cause now there is so much more development. Totally got hooked in hard. And the hammer head is a style of ship I love in most space games

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Wow! Any recommendation for a newbie reseller?
Hmm. You should just start out with having a sales page here under marketplace like the rest of us. Be aware of upgrades on buyback will change prices as RSI adjust ship prices. Also become familier with paypal fees for transfeering money.
Also most people want a invoice for paying for the ship(s) they buy. This is so in case of fraud from buyer etc. they can claim the money back from paypal.

I recommend to take a look on the ppl selling and what info that are there about the sales. You can learn a bit just from that. There are few people here selling alot of ship and upgrades.

https://www.testsquadron.com/forums/marketplace.71/

Last edited:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I woke up a couple of days after they announced it and after telling people I wasn't going to buy it, one ended up in my hangar. I'm not a smart man.
I totally understand you

Reactions: Talonsbane and VFV

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Oh I know. I am gonna have to start doing over time now lol. At least I have a hammer head to melt lol. Makes you wonder, they had a hammer head this year, maybe they will have a bigger ship next year? Time to work all the over time haha. Or I just need to be happy with the hammer head:p i ignored star citizen after my initial investment to let the game grow, missed all the anniversary sales till this one cause now there is so much more development. Totally got hooked in hard. And the hammer head is a style of ship I love in most space games
I think that they are going to sell a new bigger ship. I hope one ship to compete with Idris-M...

Hammerhead is a very nice ship. With the melt and unmelt we can add a bunch of big ships to the buyback list and as the game progresses decide which one to keep.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Hmm. You should just start out with having a sales page here under marketplace like the rest of us. Be aware of upgrades on buyback will change prices as RSI adjust ship prices. Also become familier with paypal fees for transfeering money.
Also most people want a invoice for paying for the ship(s) they buy. This is so in case of fraud from buyer etc. they can claim the money back from paypal.

I recommend to take a look on the ppl selling and what info that are there about the sales. You can learn a bit just from that. There are few people here selling alot of ship and upgrades.

https://www.testsquadron.com/forums/marketplace.71/
Does not PayPal protects seller and client? I am saying that if the buyer says it have not received a ship and I show PayPal the CIG receipt about having sent the ship to the client and the email/message to check that the destination email is OK... is that not enough? (Having acorrect concept at the PayPal transaction)
And thanks you very much!!!

Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Thanks for videos. Probably gonna keep Polaris
They don't fill the same role, even though they are both "patrol ships."
The Hammerhead is your Triple A close in defense ship, the closest reference is the Atlanta Class "Light Crusier" from WWII on a corvette frame. Its primary function appears to be to shoot up carrier based craft that get past your CAP.
The Polaris is the (Torpedo Boat) Destroyer, similar to the Fletcher Class of World War 2, which would be designed to deal with PT Boats (Retaliators in SC) like the 80' Elco and still shoot at Cap ships, with its own torpedoes.

Note I see the Polaris as both more expensive to operate and more well rounded.

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Does not PayPal protects seller and client? I am saying that if the buyer says it have not received a ship and I show PayPal the CIG receipt about having sent the ship to the client and the email/message to check that the destination email is OK... is that not enough? (Having acorrect concept at the PayPal transaction)
And thanks you very much!!!
I mean opposed to just sending money on the fly. With a invoice. You have a confirmation from the seller about why you sent the money.
Ofc when you get enough reputation like me. Some people don't bother with invoice because they just trust me.

But that is beside the point.
You should always use invoice. It is a more secure way of doing these transactions.

Paypal protection does not apply much if you just send off money here and there with no invoice that tells what you paid for.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I mean opposed to just sending money on the fly. With a invoice. You have a confirmation from the seller about why you sent the money.
Ofc when you get enough reputation like me. Some people don't bother with invoice because they just trust me.

But that is beside the point.
You should always use invoice. It is a more secure way of doing these transactions.

Paypal protection does not apply much if you just send off money here and there with no invoice that tells what you paid for.
Thanks!! :-)

If I have to send the invoice it will be good news, as with the +21% taxes... xD

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I think that they are going to sell a new bigger ship. I hope one ship to compete with Idris-M...

Hammerhead is a very nice ship. With the melt and unmelt we can add a bunch of big ships to the buyback list and as the game progresses decide which one to keep.
Yup that's the plan:)

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
You forgot the key piece of information from the Q&A - "Ramming Speed!"
I believe, it will make a good support ship... in the hurricane q&a... 4 x s3 was s7 turret... so, you might be able to swap a turret for another with 2 s6

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I believe, it will make a good support ship... in the hurricane q&a... 4 x s3 was s7 turret... so, you might be able to swap a turret for another with 2 s6
Plus hammer head vs another ship of similar size, it may be best against fighters, but, if you just fly above the ship or below the enemy ship, you can easily get almost all the turrets on point. May not be the best for damage, but, still will dish out constant streams of damage/absorb Some damage for your fleet. Will be interesting to see how effective smaller torpedoes are as well, or how good the missles are. Plus I really want to ram something just to see what happens. Get their shields down and ram them lol.

Noob question:

Are the weapon types going to be similar to elite dangerous? Where lasers do great against shields but terrible on armor, and ballistics do great on armor but terrible on shields?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I woke up a couple of days after they announced it and after telling people I wasn't going to buy it, one ended up in my hangar. I'm not a *smart* man.
But, look at the bright side...you definitely aren't Derek *Smart*, ha ha!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Are the weapon types going to be similar to elite dangerous? Where lasers do great against shields but terrible on armor, and ballistics do great on armor but terrible on shields?
Other way around in Star Citizen. Shields stop energy weapons while the shields are up, but 40% of damage from ballistics pass through the shields and strike the hull.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Other way around in Star Citizen. Shields stop energy weapons while the shields are up, but 40% of damage from ballistics pass through the shields and strike the hull.
Very interesting. Very different. Wonder how the hammer head hull will hold up. How tanky it will be

Last edited:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
And others kind of weapons will appear

Forgot your password?