Hammerhead Q&A

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
You are the a first strike machine, but you will need our flak to cover your retreat
I dunno. Based off the vid, we won' be the best at killing big ships, but, if torpedoes have a minimum arming distance they have to hit first, before becoming active, if a hammer head can close the gap fast enough, might give a Polaris a run for it' money. Especially if you angle the hammer head to where the Polaris is facing the top side of the hammer head, you can easily get 5 turrets on point

Reactions: Talonsbane

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
He has some good break downs for sure/puts things in perspective. It will be fun to group up our hammer heads/Polaris groups together (not gonna exclude anyone!) And just mop up a system lol
You send polaris first, then they launched fighters... hammerhead come to clean the bugs

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I dunno. Based off the vid, we won' be the best at killing big ships, but, if torpedoes have a minimum arming distance they have to hit first, before becoming active, if a hammer head can close the gap fast enough, might give a Polaris a run for it' money. Especially if you angle the hammer head to where the Polaris is facing the top side of the hammer head, you can easily get 5 turrets on point
True, but polaris come undetected.... launch’s torpedos... escape « «... they all come in range of the hammerhead guns...

So we can bring the rain...

Reactions: Talonsbane and VFV

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
But, look at the bright side...you definitely aren't Derek *Smart*, ha ha!
I hope that when SC goes live that Derek (not so) Smart will return to play the game that he has so often put down publicly. Then get completely dox'd so that he may be trolled relentlessly by all of those that he'd slung his earlier vile towards.

Oh I know it will prolly fail, but, something I'm most deff gonna try just cause:slight_smile: plus, like i said, you don't need to deacivate the turrets. I think they said they have ai computer systems you can put in your turrets, so you can use your men as marines. Worth a good old scientific go;)
I believe that is what might effectively be called a TEST run?

You send polaris first, then they launched fighters... hammerhead come to clean the bugs
I propose that while you have your Polaris & Hammerhead ships in place with most of your fleet across from the enemy before combat, that we 1st flank the enemy with our Eclipse bombers so that as the Polaris ships begin their assault run, the enemy will focus on them only to find their capital ships getting their thrusters & shields dropped by the s9 Eclipse torpedoes.

Reactions: BluePilote and VFV

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I propose that while you have your Polaris & Hammerhead ships in place with most of your fleet across from the enemy before combat, that we 1st flank the enemy with our Eclipse bombers so that as the Polaris ships begin their assault run, the enemy will focus on them only to find their capital ships getting their thrusters & shields dropped by the s9 Eclipse torpedoes.
Then I have to fly my sentinel in support instead of my Retaliator. Works for me. :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
That's why i have a prowler, the javelin wont even know I'm there until my troops are killing their crew.
Bring at least 3 more prowlers. remember the total crew of a Javelin is 80, which includes at least a platoon of Marines.

I rather have it shot up a bit first, then bring your Prowler and my Tali full of Marines, plus some friends. :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
They do not, currently, have a minimum safe arming distance. I have launched torps from my loaner Gladiator at under 300 meters. I do not expect a Gladiator to survive to 300 meters against a Hammerhead. :)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You are the a first strike machine, but you will need our flak to cover your retreat
Who's retreating? But in all honesty Polaris, Hammerhead combos are going to be the de facto go to team up for any PVP conflicts. Hammerheads to make sure the other side doesn't use bombers and fighters and Polaris to destroy the other sides capital ships and hammerheads. For the limiting factor for most of these large scale conflicts is not going to be resources or ships but personal. How many pilots we can bring online at any given time and into any given region. Of course this can all change with the introduction of new ships.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Who's retreating? But in all honesty Polaris, Hammerhead combos are going to be the de facto go to team up for any PVP conflicts. Hammerheads to make sure the other side doesn't use bombers and fighters and Polaris to destroy the other sides capital ships and hammerheads. For the limiting factor for most of these large scale conflicts is not going to be resources or ships but personal. How many pilots we can bring online at any given time and into any given region. Of course this can all change with the introduction of new ships.
The Polaris is the Anti-Retaliator at the ranges of Size 9 and 10 Torps, it is fairly easy to keep your target in your firing arc.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I hope that when SC goes live that Derek (not so) Smart will return to play the game that he has so often put down publicly. Then get completely dox'd so that he may be trolled relentlessly by all of those that he'd slung his earlier vile towards.

I believe that is what might effectively be called a TEST run?

let the TEST begin! But I agree. A devastating eclipse and hurriance flank would be amazing. Then start the big ship attack run

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
They do not, currently, have a minimum safe arming distance. I have launched torps from my loaner Gladiator at under 300 meters. I do not expect a Gladiator to survive to 300 meters against a Hammerhead. :slight_smile:
Mmm lots of testing to be had. I am excited. But this is a very good lil did bit of information. I appreciate it

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
And maybe torpedoes can be shot outnof the air? We will see. Hopefully it gets in the game spoon

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Mmm lots of testing to be had. I am excited. But this is a very good lil did bit of information. I appreciate it
I believe, that there might eventually be as many TESTs as there are various flavors, brands & types of alcohol (that are relatively safe to consume) & if not, then we need to include or create even more forms of alcohol to keep the TESTs going indefinitely. Cheers!

Reactions: Bambooza and VFV

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
I believe, that there might eventually be as many TESTs as there are various flavors, brands & types of alcohol (that are relatively safe to consume) & if not, then we need to include or create even more forms of alcohol to keep the TESTs going indefinitely. Cheers!
We might just need to start stock piling all the booze in the world. Or make our own company/brand of drinks

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
F394AAA9-5E7B-4671-A5CB-1FDF348F665C.jpeg

Forgot your password?