Hasgaha sharing some wisdom with me about the Pacific NW

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
From Washington, but the desert side of Washington that nobody knows about. I would NEVER live west of the cascades because folks in Seattle only get to see the sun about four days a year. It's basically what I imagine Scotland to be like....only its homeless guys yelling at you instead of sheep.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Lived in the Seattle area most of my life. Advice, don't bother with a umbrella, it ends up usless and you just look like a tourist
Already doing that, just wearing a beanie... and I need to order a TEST beanie now.

I love the PNW. Wish I could move back.

But oto important things: @Montoya, what's this about moving to the wilderness of Canada? Are you coming back to our nurturing bosom. To the land of maple and hockey?
Yes, Ill probably be here in the land of weed and maple syrup for a few years. Heading back to the States after that.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Already doing that, just wearing a beanie... and I need to order a TEST beanie now.

Yes, Ill probably be here in the land of weed and maple syrup for a few years. Heading back to the States after that.
we are glad to have you
soon you too will be making canadian jokes

also where can i get one of these "beanies" you speak of

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...I would NEVER live west of the cascades because folks in Seattle only get to see the sun about four days a year. It's basically what I imagine Scotland to be like....only its homeless guys yelling at you instead of sheep.
I spent a week in the PNW and never saw the sun once

very disorienting for an Arizona lad

@Montoya should have no problem adjusting

the North Carolina Piedmont has a maritime climate too

I lived in Durham for a year and learned to never go anywhere without an umbrella

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
From Washington, but the desert side of Washington that nobody knows about. I would NEVER live west of the cascades because folks in Seattle only get to see the sun about four days a year. It's basically what I imagine Scotland to be like....only its homeless guys yelling at you instead of sheep.
Hello fellow high desert plain dweller! Although now I live in the land of eternal sunshine and heat.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Well crap. I had no idea you were moving. What neck of the hinterlands are you surviving in?
land of eternal sunshine and heat
The Persian Gulf region? Lol.

Forgot your password?