Hello!

GnarlicButter

Ensign
Jan 11, 2022
RSI Handle
GnarlicButter
Hey all, I'm excited to join the org and play some SC with you fine folks!

Where you from stranger?

Winnipeg, Canada.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

I love the concept of a space simulation game that goes beyond just flying around. It's ambitious, but it's very exciting.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I'm honestly not totally sure yet. So far I've enjoyed a little bit of everything except for mining, which I haven't tried.

What was the first game you remember playing?

Red Baron from 1990. It was already old when I started playing it but my dad had it on his old computer and I put hours into it.

What other games do you play?

All kinds. Right now I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption 2.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

I came across it on the RSI website and I enjoyed it because it seems like an active group.

Picard or Kirk?

Picard if I have to pick. I'm more of a Star Wars guy though.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Welcome to Test, @GnarlicButter - great answers and I think you'll find everything you need here!

If you did want to try mining out, two excellent resources are:
  1. @Black Sunder's The Complete TEST Squadron Mining Guide - V3.12 | TEST Squadron - Premier Star Citizen Organization . It's a little bit out of date, but honestly 98% of the content is still correct and it's very thorough and well explained
  2. LoudGuns' mining guides on YouTube, e.g.:
The mining approach that would make you the most aUEC/hr depends on whether you already have (or can rent) a ROC and a ship to transport it, or whether you own a Prospector or a Mole. The most lucrative thing to mine is quantanium, but it requires upgrading the mining heads on a prospector or mole, and I think you need to own one to change the mining heads - I don't believe you can do that with a rented prospector or mole, but maybe someone will confirm or contradict me on that.

Forgot your password?