Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just found this thread after taking a wicked dump & from what I can tell, that load of poo had far more intelligence than he who should have been aborted *cough* derek smart *cough*. In my personal opinion, the most intelligent this he can do to benefit the universe is to line up a heavy duty wood chipper aimed at a massive compost pile, turn it on full power & dive into the business end of the machine head 1st. A moment later, problem solved with a happy ending for some hungry earthworms.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
That's been common knowledge for a while. The psychosis are the same in both.

Hey, hey, hey! No profanity here.

And we can keep doing it. Consider him, her, it as an entity that only exists as a character in a really really bad novel that you are too intelligent to read. Others may bring up the subject, bad you haven't the fainest clue about what they are talking about. Just go on with your life not giving a care about it.
you cant tell me what to do! You arnt my real dad!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Let me try to sum things up:
CR: I wanna make this game.
Public: Yes, we want that.
CR: It's gonna be pretty hard to make and take a long time.
Public: Yeah, we're down.
Derek Smart: You're all shillizens! I'll put CR in jail!

I guess 50-year-olds with failed careers have a lot of spare time on their hands.

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
And make sure to wash your hands in between.

And LOL he challenged you to a debate? Now there's a funny notion... debating with DS is like debating with a magic 8 ball, it keeps saying the same thing over and over and is ignorant about any other notion than the ones formed in his weird brain.

/edit typo
To quote him: My experience with idiots is that the best way to avoid them, is not giving them any attention in the first place

Attachments

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
This guy is not even worth taking time over.
He can barely rustle up 'likes' in the double figures for his "SC is a scam" rhetoric that he continues to spout.

People like this have no relevance and only exist to try and grab up the attention of a select few haters who consider themselves better informed than everyone else to inflate their importance.

He isn't even worth a significant time to troll.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've read the thread and the tweets now... OhgodOhgodOhgodOhgod how can I hold back? But I've got to go to work! I can't dedicate the time to this it truly needs to get teh uberlolz until Saturday at the earliest and it'll be dead by then.

So, good people of test, let me be your soothsayer on this occasion:

*Pulls out crystal ball*

*The fogs clear*

This is what I see just from the surface: He's changed his tactic and has started targeting the engaged community - his tactic of bashing the game had run out of steam now 3.0 is here, it's clear his words have been built on a foundation of sand and the house is crumbling. Now he's after the easy meat and that is the Triggered engaged player-base. This thread and the Noobifiers video shows he's after the biggest communities and voices in the game... But to what end?

If he can't make the game look like a failure he can make the community look like fanatics geeks and chumps and all he has to do is trigger us to get the ammo he needs to continue that line of attack on the game.

Soon he will move his argument from SC being a scam, to everyone who plays this MMORPG is a giant asshole and no one should play it because we are all meanies.

Just as we experienced with VirtualAss, Smart Schmutt will start regurgitating the choicest morsels we say to him on others, like VA using the words I myself said to him on other players to try to win arguments, and will copy/paste our best zingers to say to the world "Don't play Star Citizen, this is what the most established players and backers said to me, does that seem like the kind of place you want to hang out?"

I have always said I was not malicious enough to be a troll, but that doesn't mean I don't have those skills honed naturally over the course of my 20+ years of hanging out on forums and being a FlameWarrior forged in the fires of forum oration, I suppose could even be encroaching on Politician levels but as I said I was never malicious enough to be a troll so I'd never go into politics...

I can see where he is going before he has even got there because this is shallow but you only need an inch of water to drown in. Don't feed him ammunition - the words we use now he will wield in future.

So a tactic to use for now: Beat him to the punch - If he is going to use what we say now in the future, only give him now what he has said in the past. Dive in to his history of comments and and find all the ones that say "There will never be a game" etc, and screenshot them. Don't tweet back on that tweet, as it can be deleted and likely will be. Screenshot it and then respond to his current tweet with the screenshot asking him about how his previous comment was false.

If Schmutt responds, you have derailed the topic and YOU have control of the conversation. Take it where you will. If he doesn't respond, post another. And another. And another. And another. His original message will be drowned in his own bullshit no one can take it seriously if his previous are an albatross around his neck.

Good luck, Testies... Now:

Fly, my pretties!

No one calls 'BobFace an idiot. What an insult! I'm not that high functioning!
Brilliant. Sounds like a lot of work though. I'll think about it.
Everyone should come on down to the...

THUNDERDOME

where @DirectorGunner and I are facing off with DS and his goons in the tag team match of the century!
Where?!? When? How? I wanna see!!

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
I've read the thread and the tweets now... OhgodOhgodOhgodOhgod how can I hold back? But I've got to go to work! I can't dedicate the time to this it truly needs to get teh uberlolz until Saturday at the earliest and it'll be dead by then.

So, good people of test, let me be your soothsayer on this occasion:

*Pulls out crystal ball*

*The fogs clear*

This is what I see just from the surface: He's changed his tactic and has started targeting the engaged community - his tactic of bashing the game had run out of steam now 3.0 is here, it's clear his words have been built on a foundation of sand and the house is crumbling. Now he's after the easy meat and that is the Triggered engaged player-base. This thread and the Noobifiers video shows he's after the biggest communities and voices in the game... But to what end?

If he can't make the game look like a failure he can make the community look like fanatics geeks and chumps and all he has to do is trigger us to get the ammo he needs to continue that line of attack on the game.

Soon he will move his argument from SC being a scam, to everyone who plays this MMORPG is a giant asshole and no one should play it because we are all meanies.

Just as we experienced with VirtualAss, Smart Schmutt will start regurgitating the choicest morsels we say to him on others, like VA using the words I myself said to him on other players to try to win arguments, and will copy/paste our best zingers to say to the world "Don't play Star Citizen, this is what the most established players and backers said to me, does that seem like the kind of place you want to hang out?"

I have always said I was not malicious enough to be a troll, but that doesn't mean I don't have those skills honed naturally over the course of my 20+ years of hanging out on forums and being a FlameWarrior forged in the fires of forum oration, I suppose could even be encroaching on Politician levels but as I said I was never malicious enough to be a troll so I'd never go into politics...

I can see where he is going before he has even got there because this is shallow but you only need an inch of water to drown in. Don't feed him ammunition - the words we use now he will wield in future.

So a tactic to use for now: Beat him to the punch - If he is going to use what we say now in the future, only give him now what he has said in the past. Dive in to his history of comments and and find all the ones that say "There will never be a game" etc, and screenshot them. Don't tweet back on that tweet, as it can be deleted and likely will be. Screenshot it and then respond to his current tweet with the screenshot asking him about how his previous comment was false.

If Schmutt responds, you have derailed the topic and YOU have control of the conversation. Take it where you will. If he doesn't respond, post another. And another. And another. And another. His original message will be drowned in his own bullshit no one can take it seriously if his previous are an albatross around his neck.

Good luck, Testies... Now:

Fly, my pretties!

No one calls 'BobFace an idiot. What an insult! I'm not that high functioning!
If you want to use his words against him start with these ones. “All of a sudden I had to live up to the hype. I got a god complex that took over. Suddenly I was ‘Derek Smart, the game developer’. But I was nothing, nothing, nothing, close to a game developer at that time.” View: https://imgur.com/pSCuJDK

One could (easily) argue he still isn't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?