HELP ME DECIDE HOW TO THROW MY MONEY AT JPEGS

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you can, REC and have a play in them. If they are not on the REC list borrow one in the PU, Fly Before You Buy bro.

Yeah as it's alpha things can always change, but there is nothing like first-hand experience.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Yeah, looks like Harby is my better option.

I'm not an amazing fighter pilot, but I do have a lot of fun trying. I just want something tanky (because I'm not a good fighter pilot hehe) that can dish out good damage. The torpedoes on the Harb are also small enough to be used against smaller ships easily...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes, and you can morph it into a Sentinel, and learn all the crazy gameplay that goes with EM warfare. A Sentinel, a couple Harbingers and three Hoplites is going to be a devastating combination for boarding big prize targets. Harbingers rock.
Or you can take the $$ value of those ships and turn up in a Hammerhead and a Polaris and I guarantee that will be much more fun!! Let the boom booms commence!!!

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
If you can, REC and have a play in them. If they are not on the REC list borrow one in the PU, Fly Before You Buy bro.

Yeah as it's alpha things can always change, but there is nothing like first-hand experience.
Have flown all of these but the Eclipse (used to own a vanguard and bucc, melted them when shiny new concepts came out but always missed them).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Why is everybody saying go to Warden ;-;

I don't have the Warden CCU, I just meant it would be the loaner for the Harby hehe
Talk to some people about getting to a Warden. @Elmy, @DirectorGunner, maybe even @Stevetank . I have a Warden to Harbinger CCU you can buy after that.
I also have a shit ton of 0 dollar CCUs to Warden, but I can't trade them, so we'd have to do a deal where you either pay me the value or trade me the value and I do the upgrading for you then trade it back. It's doable, but it may be easier for you to just find a Warden CCU from someone else.

Lemme know your thoughts.
Or you can take the $$ value of those ships and turn up in a Hammerhead and a Polaris and I guarantee that will be much more fun!! Let the boom booms commence!!!
I think these both pair well with a Harbinger.

Which is why I have all three.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Talk to some people about getting to a Warden. @Elmy, @DirectorGunner, maybe even @Stevetank . I have a Warden to Harbinger CCU you can buy after that.
I also have a shit ton of 0 dollar CCUs to Warden, but I can't trade them, so we'd have to do a deal where you either pay me the value or trade me the value and I do the upgrading for you then trade it back. It's doable, but it may be easier for you to just find a Warden CCU from someone else.

Lemme know your thoughts.

I think these both pair well with a Harbinger.

Which is why I have all three.
I'm all out :(

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes. You put your finger right on why I am considering the Polaris. It will not be as fast as a wing of Vanguard, and doesn't hold the troops of three Hoplites, but it costs HALF as much as a wing of six Vanguard, so it is hard to say the Vanguard is the better choice. I think though, any boarding has to be a group effort, and given this, buying a single Vanguard so you can join such a group is in many ways better than buying a Polaris. I go back and forth on this all the time since I want the pool table.

Once we find out just how fast the Polaris is, you could have a great argument to buy a pair of Polaris over six Vanguard. That would be a devastating duo. My bet is the Polaris is faster than the Void Bombers, but we'll see. Certainly the Vanduul spinal mounts will be easier to evade than S10 torps.

I think people are going to be disappointed with the Hammerhead when they see how fragile it is. Corvettes are fragile enough. Gunboats can never take a hit. I'd bet a single Gladiator can take out a Hammerhead.

Forgot your password?