Help me decide on a Retaliator!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Yeah, it was inevitable really. I eagerly await giving the order "Launch torpedoes!"

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
RSI said:
Does the Retaliator include Weapons?

Torpedo bay concept

YES. We’re aware of a long-running discussion on the matter and would like to put it to rest right now. The version of the Retaliator available for pledge today (and previously) includes the bomb bay and defensive turrets. (The ship won’t include pre-stocked munitions in the bomb bay, it will be up to players to load their own ships in that regard!)
So happy I pulled the trigger on this one now. "Poor Life Choices" will soon be causing my enemies to question their decisions...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hey Warren not to pressure you or anything but you need to get another Retaliator. How can you be happy with just one?
You raise a good point. What will I fly while I'm waiting out the insurance claim on the first one?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Oh god. Oh god. Why have you forsaken me? Why do you come to me now and tempt me in my moment of weakness? Do I do it? Do I melt my lti redeemer and get the retaliator? On thr en one hand, gunship. On the other, long range bomber. I cannot decide. Jesus take the wheel.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Jesus would do unto others before they can do unto you, from long range.

Reactions: CaptainRichard

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Oh god. Oh god. Why have you forsaken me? Why do you come to me now and tempt me in my moment of weakness? Do I do it? Do I melt my lti redeemer and get the retaliator? On thr en one hand, gunship. On the other, long range bomber. I cannot decide. Jesus take the wheel.
melt the hornet
do it

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
See this makes me not want to get it before PU release. The news that it comes with the bomb bay confuses me. 2 options exist

1) You use it as a bomber right away, bombs are going to likely be expensive, so you probably have to wait a few days earning in other ships before you use it.
2) You rip out the bomb bay for a cargo bay, this will likely cost some money due to description of the bays being modular, so you're buying a cargo bay rather than jsut emptying out equipment. You're then back to the civvie refit.

Neither of these options present it as a great ship to start the game with for me. If it was a civilian refit with the cargo bay then at least I could have used it as a heavily defended cargo ship to make some money, then use that money to buy the bomb bay and bombs. This all being said I still really want one and I think it will be my first multi crew ship in the PU, but by then hopefully I'll be more sure I have the finances to run it, perhaps earned by crewing on some of your ships? :)

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
See this makes me not want to get it before PU release. The news that it comes with the bomb bay confuses me. 2 options exist

1) You use it as a bomber right away, bombs are going to likely be expensive, so you probably have to wait a few days earning in other ships before you use it.
2) You rip out the bomb bay for a cargo bay, this will likely cost some money due to description of the bays being modular, so you're buying a cargo bay rather than jsut emptying out equipment. You're then back to the civvie refit.

Neither of these options present it as a great ship to start the game with for me. If it was a civilian refit with the cargo bay then at least I could have used it as a heavily defended cargo ship to make some money, then use that money to buy the bomb bay and bombs. This all being said I still really want one and I think it will be my first multi crew ship in the PU, but by then hopefully I'll be more sure I have the finances to run it, perhaps earned by crewing on some of your ships? :)
That's the exact reason I didn't buy the cutlass blue, as it would cost money to rip out the holding cells.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Chris is a smart man, he managed to please the bomber crowd with the bomb bay and turrets, but is not arming the bay so people won't be able to torpedo gank people right off the bat.

or maybe those super size torpedos are expensive as hell and does not want people to suicide run, then LTI restores the ship back with a full load ;)

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Chris is a smart man, he managed to please the bomber crowd with the bomb bay and turrets, but is not arming the bay so people won't be able to torpedo gank people right off the bat.

or maybe those super size torpedos are expensive as hell and does not want people to suicide run, then LTI restores the ship back with a full load ;)
LTI is only hull insurance, that won't give you free torpedoes.

Forgot your password?