Other Help me find a name for TEST Medics

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I'm for tsar! It sounds the best I think.

Can't you use a red/white background on your sceptre you know behind the cross so you can see the black part of it?

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Best Medics. or just a big B.M. nevermind thats a crapy name
HA i see what you did there.... BM, crappy name....BM means bowel movement.... HAHA

What if we just threw Ibuprofen at all their medical needs? Just like the real US military docs do....

Oh you have a gunshot wound to the foot, here have some Ibuprofen.
Oh you are bleeding out of every orifice, here have some Ibuprofen.
Oh you have cancer, here have some Ibuprofen.

We arnt talking the over-the-counter 100-200mg size tablets.... I am talking about the 800mg Horse pills they give you.

Minus

Rear Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
M1nu5
HA i see what you did there.... BM, crappy name....BM means bowel movement.... HAHA

What if we just threw Ibuprofen at all their medical needs? Just like the real US military docs do....

Oh you have a gunshot wound to the foot, here have some Ibuprofen.
Oh you are bleeding out of every orifice, here have some Ibuprofen.
Oh you have cancer, here have some Ibuprofen.

We arnt talking the over-the-counter 100-200mg size tablets.... I am talking about the 800mg Horse pills they give you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yt0zyV7U3s

love this vid. the medic part reminded me of your comments.

shadowjim12

Admiral
Oct 8, 2015
RSI Handle
MarNei
AuroraCare
"You are everything to us. Just like an Aurora" - Spectrum Commercial

Medical Assocciation for the Ill and Lobotomised (MAIL)
"We are going to cure you. One way or the other" - Spectrum Commercial

Facio Asclepius: Iatric & Laboratory Services (FA:ILS)
"In FAILS we are proud of our credentialed Doctors. Their experiments in our Labs keep them up to date with any Health(and Safety)-related scenario" - Doc [REDACTED], FAILS CEO

+1 on "Drunk Emergency Aid Department" (DEAD)

Reactions: StdDev and Minus

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
TEST MED
Medical Emergency Department. It's boring and it works.
I said that in discord too. I think TEST MED or Medical is best. Try-hard wanky names are dumb for the governing body and should be reserved for individual groups within the division. If there is a cool nickname that develops organically then that is good, but forcing something will be lame af.

Reactions: StdDev and supitza

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I said that in discord too. I think TEST MED or Medical is best. Try-hard wanky names are dumb for the governing body and should be reserved for individual groups within the division. If there is a cool nickname that develops organically then that is good, but forcing something will be lame af.

I think Divisions should have pretty neutral and obvious names, but the sub-squads the people get set up under em can and should go ham.

If a newbie is interested in medical work in TEST they're a lot more likely to take a look at TEST MED/SAR than they are "Double Shots of Rum Fix ya uppers" Division.

But for peoples smaller groups go buckwild on em boyos.

Killllik

Lieutenant
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Dnaiz
Tedics! Medics + Test... I'll show my way out

Actually just noticed that @Bigtimes suggested the same thing, sorry about that.

+1 though...would love to hear what the final name is gonna be :D

Last edited:
Reactions: StdDev

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I think Divisions should have pretty neutral and obvious names, but the sub-squads the people get set up under em can and should go ham.

If a newbie is interested in medical work in TEST they're a lot more likely to take a look at TEST MED/SAR than they are "Double Shots of Rum Fix ya uppers" Division.

But for peoples smaller groups go buckwild on em boyos.
I'm on the same boat. My vote was for TSAR (TEST SAR). Given the SAR profession will include, but not be limited to, the medical aspect of SAR, I'm leaning towards TEST SAR rather than TEST MED. I, for one, am more interested in the medical side of things, but I guess our division will also do search, recovery, combat extractions and other stuff like that.

Reactions: StdDev and Killllik

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Also, may I suggest we make a poll with the names that got tossed around so far?
In the meantime, I'm working on a mini-guide to SAR with what we know so far - which is not much, but hey! theorycrafting is what we do best.

Forgot your password?