Last edited by a moderator:

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Before you get excited, just some data.

Ares S7 Laser repeater would do 2206 DPS with 141.8k missiles damage.
If you slave the turret on a Warden and use fix S5 it would do 2504 DPS with 47.2k missiles damage.
MIS has gimbal 1920 DPS and a turret 598 DPS with 126.8k missiles damage.

So the real advantage here is range and it looks cool. Extra M shield for the ion version.

Edit new missile damage on the Ares

Last edited:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Keeping the gun on a little target seems challenging (well not the current AI), interesting to balance I really hope it doesn't one shot kill little ships that's not fun and engaging for them at least. As an anti large ship sure, does make the hammerhead seem more and more rubbish though. Cannot see me purchasing this even in game.

Knusum

Captain
Dec 1, 2019
RSI Handle
Knusum123
Before you get excited, just some data.

Ares S7 Laser repeater would do 2206 DPS with 141.8k missiles damage.
If you slave the turret on a Warden and use fix S5 it would do 2504 DPS with 47.2k missiles damage.
MIS has gimbal 1920 DPS and a turret 598 DPS with 126.8k missiles damage.

So the real advantage here is range and it looks cool. Extra M shield for the ion version.

Edit new missile damage on the Ares
I dont care about its DPS compared to other ships. Rule of cool- i just bought the inferno for the giant BRRRRRRRRT :)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm juicy.... looks like the SC version of a A-10: a medium ship build around a big weappon.... I like it.
It may not be suitable for dogfight, but hell, you can still mount a S6 gimbal to that thing and that is not weak either, plus i suppose that a S7 weapon can do pretty a mess on a small dogfighter even if it take it with few shot (also keep in mind the future component system and the Time-to-disable think...).

Beteween the two variant the ION seams to be the best option with one additional cooler and one additional shield... hoping you can mount the big BRRRRRRRRRRRT event on that....

by the way doesn't seams that big: is longer as the eclipse, but far more short on wing beam, just a cuple of meter bigger then the Reliant (30m againts 28m) far less then the Eclips that is over 36m...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh shit this is right up my street. With many ships I've always thought I wich I could mount 2 x big guns instead of 4 small ones, or 1 big gun instead of 2 small ones.

This one actually does it!! 1 big fekoff gun and to top it off 4 x torpedoes!

Plus I am rapidly falling in love with crusader.

Arg!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Medium armor (Heavier than Ion) for the Inferno
3x Medium Coolers for the Ion vs 2x Medium coolers for the Inferno
3x Medium Shield generators for the Ion vs 2x Medium Shield generators for the Inferno
2x Medium Power plants for the Ion vs 1x Medium Power Plant for the Inferno
2x Medium Battery for the Ion vs 1x Medium Battery for the Inferno

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
If you plan on purchasing one with cash, you can buy them for $177.50 each in the add-on. That's cheaper than a SH. And you get both skins.
If you don't want the 2nd one then you can always use it for a future upgrade basically a $42.50 off coupon.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Its funny because we were just talking about this about a month or so ago what kind of ships were missing and one of the ones I suggested was a rail gun type of ship or something with a cannon for capital ship hunting and wham! I was damn close!

Nov 8, 2019

I think if the Carrack or 600i get some modules that are more specific like the Endeavor has telescopy, Biodomes, Supercolider and Medical bay, I dont expect something on that scale but if they had a few modules that were more specific or unique and could change their mission capability that would work as well. I just think the Reliant Sen is extremely small and the Endeavor is a capital ship something in the middle that was strictly science and not just an exploration vessel would be cool.

As for space engineering I figured they made a Pioneer so we can establish building on planets etc... so why not building in space.

A large interdiction ship? Like the Mantis? Something that could pull a ship out of quantum travel? Imo this is a mistake they could literally farm people forever if the ship is to large at least with a Mantis it has to bring other ships to do the job, its like putting a Polaris out there with a QT damper or QT snare would be insane imo.

Also some ships we may be missing......

Blockade Runner? Something extremely large with heavy armor/shields meant to smash through a large fleet or defense system.

What about a ship that can create a bubble to hide or lower ships signatures around them? There would have to be restrictions on the size,. how fast you could move etc... but it would be like a stealth ship but one that can hide another ship or two? Or even create a signature to mask or imitate another ship or ships signature.

Holographic ship? Make your ship look like an asteroid? Or a different type of ship lmao

So we have torpedo's which are meant for capital ships but what about a cannon like a rail gun which could also be anti capital if it was large enough, we could have a ship with a huge ass cannon on it that was anti capital ship as well, were gonna need bigger lazers man!!

Just some crazy thoughts!

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Medium armor (Heavier than Ion) for the Inferno
3x Medium Coolers for the Ion vs 2x Medium coolers for the Inferno
3x Medium Shield generators for the Ion vs 2x Medium Shield generators for the Inferno
2x Medium Power plants for the Ion vs 1x Medium Power Plant for the Inferno
2x Medium Battery for the Ion vs 1x Medium Battery for the Inferno
It really is a hard choice between the two.

Forgot your password?