Here's the Crusader Ares

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I was really excited for 3.8 until half the stuff that was in it got bounced indefinitely or to another deadline which they wont make anyways because SQ42 will prioritize everything this year. I was hyped for the Hercules early 2020 but now it just vanished into thin air...… sorry I love the game and it looks great and all but I am tired of seeing ships I cant fly, ships that just never got started on or ships that wont get started on for another year or two but they manage to keep making new ships just to rake in $$ to keep the game going, somethings just not working at this point they cant get the ships they already promised done or even started on but yet were spending $$ on ships to keep development alive, my gut tells me this year is going to be rough for the community.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I do. Dammit. Must resist ships.
Resistance is futile, you all will get BrrrrrrrrrT

I was really excited for 3.8 until half the stuff that was in it got bounced indefinitely or to another deadline which they wont make anyways because SQ42 will prioritize everything this year. I was hyped for the Hercules early 2020 but now it just vanished into thin air...… sorry I love the game and it looks great and all but I am tired of seeing ships I cant fly, ships that just never got started on or ships that wont get started on for another year or two but they manage to keep making new ships just to rake in $$ to keep the game going, somethings just not working at this point they cant get the ships they already promised done or even started on but yet were spending $$ on ships to keep development alive, my gut tells me this year is going to be rough for the community.
I understand you point and I basically agree with it, problem is some time during developement thing just hit the wall and they need time to re-adjust them or even make the tecnology for them.
Take for exaple the Hull series, with the collapsable structure and the ability, for the bigger variant to transport several thousand of cargo unite: they deleyed them to allow the phisic to allow it and now thei deleyed them to give time to have in game super huge cargo box to avoid clogging the server with the number of boxes spawned.

I'm not saying that there are no problem and sometime I think a bit of forward looking will help, not to speed up process, but to avoid putting something on the display and than take it back.
I still have 2 X1 (the Base and the Force variant) and 2 Renegade (the TR and the R variant) that should be preatty simple to do (small ship, a lot of asset already in place...) and we don't know when they will arrive in game too and I'm kepp questioning my self why they still put out concept ship without a clear pipeline on when put them on work.... still, new ship concept are what keep the development running so, glad to they keep doing and happy that people keep spending money on them.

Befoure really complain I'll wait for SQ42 to get out of the Alpha development, so the "excuse" for not having people is no more viable, then we'll se how they manage and talk...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Eh, we say this every year, lets wait, lets see what happens, the delays keep piling up, first they said no more deadlines because they rarely made their deadlines, next we got a roadmap which had deadlines with "caveats" again promises with exceptions lol, now we have this BS staggered development lol, I mean what's it going to be next year? They will call it "dedicated priority structure" or some bullshit. Lets be honest here, the roadmap worked till the delays piled up now the roadmap just shows how much they are behind and they know it so they had to implement this "staggered development" system because it fits the road map, they don't have to change anything lol its actually smart but lazy at the same time I love it. I think the roadmap worked until the delays started to pile up now its just a record of how much their falling behind and they know it.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Armor type is debatable too.

Ares inferno has better armor than ion. An impact with asteroids or colisions against other vessels (f.e. Glaive ram attacks), and the resultant structural integrity could be an issue more related with armor type than shield number.

If you lose the main cannon wing in the ares ion you are defenceless at all. If ares inferno heavy armor grants better structural integrity against collisions you'll feel safer fighting in.
The weapon is so close to the center of the ship that I really doubt it to be installed on one of the wings.

Forgot your password?