HEROS of THE STORM

Bulloko

Commander
Jan 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bulloko
Ehh... I tried it... Honestly Heroes of the Storm feels like a casual moba. No items, only a few 'specs' that work. Not really skill based, more champion and team based. If you are countered you are screwed.

Where as in LoL, you have many different routes and with items, runes, etc you can really customize your character in order to help your team, etc. If you are losing your lane you can build some items to help you not get screwed and perhaps have a comeback. Where as in HoTS, it seems to just be, lets all swarm here and do this objective and blah...
not liking it so far.

Reactions: CitizenDad

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I have some extra US codes, also add me: SlumLord#1794

Ehh... I tried it... Honestly Heroes of the Storm feels like a casual moba. No items, only a few 'specs' that work. Not really skill based, more champion and team based. If you are countered you are screwed.

Where as in LoL, you have many different routes and with items, runes, etc you can really customize your character in order to help your team, etc. If you are losing your lane you can build some items to help you not get screwed and perhaps have a comeback. Where as in HoTS, it seems to just be, lets all swarm here and do this objective and blah...
not liking it so far.

I have only played a few matches so far but my first opinions are the same. However, it will take much more time 50-100 hours to really make my opinion of the game.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Heroes of the Storm feels like a casual moba
It is a casual moba. First of it's kind to my knowledge. It's a moba that any person can pick up and be decent at immediately, with enough of a curve that not everyone can be at a competitive level without knowing fully what they're doing and playing with friends who know what they're doing. Blizz wants to hit the widest group they can, so that's why, at least in my opinion, it's a lot simpler than other moba's. Also, a single person can't win a game for you, it's very much a team effort, which is nice.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
It is a casual moba. First of it's kind to my knowledge. It's a moba that any person can pick up and be decent at immediately, with enough of a curve that not everyone can be at a competitive level without knowing fully what they're doing and playing with friends who know what they're doing. Blizz wants to hit the widest group they can, so that's why, at least in my opinion, it's a lot simpler than other moba's. Also, a single person can't win a game for you, it's very much a team effort, which is nice.
^ this. Cannot explain better.
It's still pretty hard to master and play (Brightwing, Murky, illidan, abathur if you want some hardcore times), and easy to play with some easier chars (Raynor, Li LI, Tychus).
Competitive is still pretty hard - if you want to reach high rates, you need to know how to play all heroes, their possible builds and so on. Due to design.
Also, HoTS does not try to copy other MOBA games like LoL/HoN/etc, they actually brought something fresh to that scene.
TBH i'm glad that Blizz lost that court case about dota trademark, since this forced them to make something unique (and, as usual, impressive, my 4 years lost in WoW can confirm).
And one more part. Character design, their sound and interactions (yeah, they sometimes talk to each other) is beyond reach of any other MOBA.
Oh, and icefrog is an asshole, btw.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Character design, their sound and interactions
Brightwing has the creepiest sayings. Brightwing is also my next purchase I think. Been rollingg with siegemodan (Blind health pool dunks make the world go round) when laning with a friend, and Malfurion when we have a full team because I can reach 175k heals, which is pretty insane.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I play the panda, thats all. I play the panda on heros and garen on league. Everyone add me lets play some heros nerds :cool:

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
"Well. It's about time!"
Tychus is only good for me on "defend" maps, but I also use siege tychus (Drill and nades), I'm awful with the odin.
Come on, that's "Hell, it's about time" :D

Brightwing has the creepiest sayings. Brightwing is also my next purchase I think. Been rollingg with siegemodan (Blind health pool dunks make the world go round) when laning with a friend, and Malfurion when we have a full team because I can reach 175k heals, which is pretty insane.
I'm not even sure about it's gender.
Also, get sylvana. Right now she's insane (i feel nerf incoming, but still, she's insane at pushing due to her passive. At L7 you can basically kill all minions packs with 2-3 shots)

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I liked the tutorial. It had the usual Blizzard style. I am not fond of the pricetag for some of the stuff, but how much have I spent on spaceships. I don't know how long term this game could be either.

edit:
I still have a key if anyone wants.

Last edited:

J.B

Lieutenant
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Eternal-Guardian
Any one playing this much In UK time zones?
Its my fall back game when I get tired of crashing into stuff in my Aurora.

I normally play @ ~10.30 GMT

Forgot your password?