Hey gang! (From a long-time gamer)

Spiricore

Ensign
Nov 6, 2017
RSI Handle
Spiricore
So, I admit I've had SC for a good number of years, but there just wasn't/isn't enough to do and I have a pretty intense backlog. I ran across some coverage of CitizenCon 2017 gameplay and... well, you know what getting swept up on the hype train feels like, don't you? 3.0 will be a lot of great things!

I'm a thirty-something married male with a lot of free time. I live in the northwestern side of the US, but my actual awake hours can be pretty unpredictable without a schedule. I think my first game was Super Mario Bros. on the NES, and I've been gaming non-stop ever since (much do my mother's (and now wife's) dismay). I play whatever fits my mood. I have 17 games installed at the moment - only three of which are multiplayer - with no real obsession like in my EQ/WoW days. I picked up Star Citizen because it really does sound like the ultimate space simulator. After over two and a half decades of high fantasy I'm just REALLY over it. I've taken a special interest sci-fi over the past year and a half (gaming, films, audiobooks) and SC is a pretty darn close step to what we see in stuff like Ready Player One/The Oasis and The Expanse. That is super, super-duper exciting to me!

I upgraded myself to a Freelancer this evening and decided to try and find a community to keep me interested. I've always run with one group or another on MMOs throughout the years, but lost touch. I'm in the process of leveling a second character in WildStar to max level and I'm starting to burn out. With 3.0 nearing, Star Citizen seems the logical next family to get in bed with (?!). Based on a few dozen hours of experience in Elite:smile:angerous I'm really thinking I want to focus on exploration. But by saying that I more mean I just want to see everything, explore, and experience all that's available.

I admit I have no interest in politics or emotional-human-being drama. Had enough of that in real life, don't need it in my game. I do the same by not bringing my baggage into the game. I'm here to have fun and that's it, but I recognize some of my best gaming memories came from not knowing what will happen next. That's exciting, too.

I found Test Squadron through a rather long chain of YouTube videos that eventually ended with BoredGamer's video about you guys. Just what I was looking for. :smile:

Also, Picard. If I forgot something just poke me about it. I think people tend to think I come off as too serious and aloof, but I'm really the opposite. I'm worth getting to know, I promise! At least, someone not to judge you for stupid bullsheizer. :p

See you in space, commander! o7

Last edited:

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
I'm first reply and welcome!

I was super picky about my post so I decided to change it. You are happily invited to play PUBG with us or just hang around or whatsoever.

Also, feel invited to join on Bar Citizens.

Loads of beers will be given and alien space substances might be consumed.

:beers:

Forgot your password?