Hey lets have a fleet post eh?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I did that too at one point; reduced down to nothing, restarted, committed to only having 3 ships, which, honestly, I still want, as I hate having an abundance of ships.

But here I am, back up to 15, and I keep thinking to myself that there's not anything in this current fleet I want to divest of.

I honestly think I just really enjoy "the fleet game", as it were. Planning, buying, revamping, changing direction, etc etc. it's fun.

But, honestly, is be pretty happy having a salvager, a fighter, a freighter, and a data-runner (or those last two as one - MSR, looking at you). With one of those being my "home", which means it has to have an interior I love.
Been a fair few times I've wished the foresight had been there to stay with just 3 or 4. That list would be the Sentinel for it's future EW gameplay, the MSR for all that it should be bringing, and a competent medium explorer such as the 400i (although I still consider this slot unresolved due to lack of gameplay). The Carrack would round it out, and that'd be done. All with livable interiors for players and/or NPC crew depending on how that shakes out.

This definitely would not cover everything I'm interested in, but would almost certainly fill the limited time available to play.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I am officially requesting to crew any of all the big ships here, initially I didn't think the crew aspect sounded like fun but I cannot see myself being able to invest enough of either time or money to get one so I plan on being a crew slut for anyone that will have me muahahahahahah.
Crew slutting might end up paying well, as long as being paid in cheap digital alcohol that may or may not have been procured through legal means works for you. Cheers!

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I am officially requesting to crew any of all the big ships here, initially I didn't think the crew aspect sounded like fun but I cannot see myself being able to invest enough of either time or money to get one so I plan on being a crew slut for anyone that will have me muahahahahahah.
For sure, add me to your list, I pretty much always have more ship than I can handle and love extra help!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Hello,
I'm Mudhawk...
~Hello Mudhawk~
...and I'm a ship-a-holic...
~CLAPPING~

Truth be told I was wondering if I should go see a doctor about this:
1717592554328.png

But then I thought why pay for a quack's shiny new vehicle when there's still so many JPGs to buy!

The sad thing is that when it comes down to it, I usually only fly a handfull of ships:

1717593248957.png

And I swear if we ever get some ship like the Taurus only with a medbed then that count probably goes down to one.
(It would save me from cramming in that Ursa every time)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
But then I thought why pay for a quack's shiny new vehicle when there's still so many JPGs to buy!

The sad thing is that when it comes down to it, I usually only fly a handfull of ships:

View attachment 25640

And I swear if we ever get some ship like the Taurus only with a medbed then that count probably goes down to one.
(It would save me from cramming in that Ursa every time)
C2 can carry a nUrsa & still have more cargo space than the Taurus. Just saying, 1 digi-vehicle aficionado to another.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
fleetpic (1).png

I've not pulled the trigger on all my CCUs yet, incase something absolutely fantastic comes along later. But the chains are all there, apart from the latest Dragonfly Black to F7A MK II I need couple CCUs for during IAE. And one A1 Spirit to Hurricane I got in the buybacks temporarily from the Hulll B to Endeavor chain. My choices of smaller ships are Cutlass Black for its versatility, and F7A Hornet MK II for being unique and awesome, though I'll first see how badly it will get nerfed over the next couple patches.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader

1717593248957.png

Out of curiosity, what's your normal gameplay loop that this lineup supports so well? Also, Taurus with a Medbed sounds pretty darn close to an Apollo to me. . . or are you looking for more cargo room than those hold?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I am 100% sure Hull B will go up quite a bit in price when it goes flyable, so IMO there's a reasonable chance you won't need that A1-> Hurc CCU anyway, as I see the B becoming at LEAST as valuable as the A1. . .
While it'd be pretty cool if Hull B went to 200+, I'd temper my expectations. I'm certainly expecting it to go up by quite a lot still, but I'm thinking it'll probably be similar to what it has already gone up by, so I'm expecting something like +$50 at most.

In anycase, I prefer to keep the chains complete, if I end up getting a deal and a half on the Hull B I can always just melt the unnecessary CCUs. But if Hurricane goes up in price without me noticing and I won't get deal on Hull B, then that'll damage my chain. Let alone if Hurricane gets retired like MK I Hornets did.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Out of curiosity, what's your normal gameplay loop that this lineup supports so well? Also, Taurus with a Medbed sounds pretty darn close to an Apollo to me. . . or are you looking for more cargo room than those hold?
Well, my Modus Operandi usually involves stumbling around aimlessly and do any mission that strikes my fancy. So less of a loop and more of a tumble.
The Cutlass Red is my all in one package for bunkers that don't shoot back and bountyhunting in space. (It's gotten surprisingly good at deleting PVE targets since this patch)
For the hostile bunkers it's the Ursa and Taurus combo usually. The usability of those medbeds has dramatically increased as of this patch after all.
Also the Taurus is great for HRT and higher bounties.
And lastly the C2 for doing my traveling salesman routine for those days you just want to chill in space.

As much as I love the Cutty Red, if the Taurus had a med bed cramped into its uslessly empty living area it would take the cake as the swiss army knife of spaceships... :-P

PS: Let's talk about the Apoolo if it ever gets modularity and there's other configurations than medbed size to choose from. I'll probaly go with one side bar and the other side detoxification center...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
'Puts on straw hat and spits out some chewing tobacco'

Well he has one of them new fangled whatsitmacallits....Odyssey. That them steer is a beaut. Whoo Whee!
While the Odyssey can travel further than the Carrack in terms of quantum without pit stops to refuel from stations or Starfarers, other aspects seem to MISC the mark. LoL

Forgot your password?