Hey lets have a fleet post eh?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
A Reclaimer is only supposed to be a little bigger than an Arrastra, on Fleetview/starship42.com at least:
View attachment 25333
The Reclaimer is in need of a lot of interior rework, which I hope they leave until after Salvage has developed and matured more. But even in its current rough and dysfunctional state, the Reclaimer is an absolutely amazing ship design. I like it very much.
Looks like there is about a 30m length difference between them. Which if I remember correctly is about the length of a Cutlass.

• Love
Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
A Reclaimer is only supposed to be a little bigger than an Arrastra, on Fleetview/starship42.com at least:
View attachment 25333
The Reclaimer is in need of a lot of interior rework, which I hope they leave until after Salvage has developed and matured more. But even in its current rough and dysfunctional state, the Reclaimer is an absolutely amazing ship design. I like it very much.
Damn. I guess I never realized that. Suddenly I want a Reclaimer back in my fleet, lol. Gunna have to see if I have any CCUs in buy backs.

Thanks for the info. Dunno why I never realized that before.

Cheers mate!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Damn. I guess I never realized that. Suddenly I want a Reclaimer back in my fleet, lol. Gunna have to see if I have any CCUs in buy backs.

Thanks for the info. Dunno why I never realized that before.

Cheers mate!
To be fair the Reclaimer is the end game (so far) Salvage ship and the Arrastra is the high tier, but not end game, mining ship, so that is not an expected size comparison. I wouldn't have thought to check. :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
To be fair the Reclaimer is the end game (so far) Salvage ship and the Arrastra is the high tier, but not end game, mining ship, so that is not an expected size comparison. I wouldn't have thought to check. :)
Yeah, I used to have a Reclaimer. It went away by at some point. I do want a "medium" salvager. Something with some personality that I can use almost as a daily driver, lol. The reclaimer is nice and all, but I have a bunch of larger ships already. It's not a need; a proverbial shit ton of my TESTies have one, lol.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yeah, I used to have a Reclaimer. It went away by at some point. I do want a "medium" salvager. Something with some personality that I can use almost as a daily driver, lol. The reclaimer is nice and all, but I have a bunch of larger ships already. It's not a need; a proverbial shit ton of my TESTies have one, lol.
Salvage is the new mining. It's coming. Probably sooner than the tier 3 and tier 4 bounty hunters.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Salvage is the new mining. It's coming. Probably sooner than the tier 3 and tier 4 bounty hunters.
For as similar as the two are (mining and salvage) I simply have no interest in mining, and never have. But salvage just seems so cool. Especially if you're forcibly salvaging enemy ships, haha. I have dreams of disabling a ship, then just grinding it up with the Reclaimer, haha.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
For as similar as the two are (mining and salvage) I simply have no interest in mining, and never have. But salvage just seems so cool. Especially if you're forcibly salvaging enemy ships, haha. I have dreams of disabling a ship, then just grinding it up with the Reclaimer, haha.
I know how you feel; I have given mining a chance when I had a loaner Prospector for my Vulture as well as playing with others in the Mole, but it has never been 'fun' to me.
Salvage is something I've long looked forward to, have been enjoying, and look forward to seeing what CIG has planned for it.

Also, I have already done a 'forced salvage' operation. While doing a legal Salvage mission a pirate Buccaneer showed up, since I had already swapped the stock weapons to distortion repeaters I used those to drain shields and pin it down, then proceeded to scrape the hull off of it, once it would power back up I would swap back to the distortion repeaters, rinse, repeat, until it was a cockpit with Buccaneer wireframe. I guess the AI got annoyed at that point as it tried to ram me, but due to the lack of an hull it blew up without causing me any damage. (this was prior to the new structure salvage, so I'm looking forward to an opportunity to do this again, but breaking down the structure too.)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I know how you feel; I have given mining a chance when I had a loaner Prospector for my Vulture as well as playing with others in the Mole, but it has never been 'fun' to me.
Salvage is something I've long looked forward to, have been enjoying, and look forward to seeing what CIG has planned for it.

Also, I have already done a 'forced salvage' operation. While doing a legal Salvage mission a pirate Buccaneer showed up, since I had already swapped the stock weapons to distortion repeaters I used those to drain shields and pin it doqwn, then proceeded to scrape the hull off of it, once it would power back up I would swap back to the distortion repeaters, rinse, repeat, until it was a cockpit with Buccaneer wireframe. I guess the AI got annoyed at that point as it tried to ram me, but due to the lack of an hull it blew up without causing me any damage. (this was prior to the new structure salvage, so I'm looking forward to an opportunity to do this again, but breaking down the structure too.)
Great minds! Lol. I too cannot wait for the function to be fully implemented. I may have to grab myself a Vulture for the time being, see how things play with it. And maybe a Reclaimer. Lol. Maybe.

As for your story, yeah my dude, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Love it. I think perhaps I should get in hand and try some of this stuff. I've been lurking for a long time, haha.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Forgive me if I upset anybody by this hopefully TESTified theory craft, but as Chris Roberts is obviously a fan of Science Fiction & things pertaining to space, I speculate that the Reclaimer will not be the ultimate salvage ship. Instead, I offer this idea instead, with it's computer system using the voiced by the legendary (yet sadly departed) Orson Welles, as Unicron.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Forgive me if I upset anybody by this hopefully TESTified theory craft, but as Chris Roberts is obviously a fan of Science Fiction & things pertaining to space, I speculate that the Reclaimer will not be the ultimate salvage ship. Instead, I offer this idea instead, with it's computer system using the voiced by the legendary (yet sadly departed) Orson Welles, as Unicron.

I was thinking more

Don't forget your towel.

Forgot your password?