Hi Test!

Ryat

Space Marshal
Jul 15, 2018
RSI Handle
Ryat
Hi everyone! One of my gaming friends loves to work with groups of small, focused, elite players that really get stuff done. I prefer large groups of questionably sober individuals who engage in random behavior for the entertainment value. When I saw the squadron description my first thought was "This is just the ginormous group of semi-crazed individuals that probably crash into each other to pass the time. They totally won't mind when I ask them what the default button is to turn the ship lights on for the 47th time."

I grabbed the game in kickstarter, for the aurora. Which became a 315p....and then a cutlass red...then a prospector. Then came what I think of as the "year of checking a game that isn't really out every day" and adding a Herald, Vulcan, Avenger...after a Vulture I actually *looked* at my account with that critical self evaluation of "what exactly do you think you're doing sir...your child enters college in 14 years". I'm *pretty* sure that unless that titan gets changed to a cutlass red again one day that I'm finished. I'd consider a cutlass black tho just to see how many people you can clown car into it before the game crashes.

I'll be honest, when I see all your auroras, and I think about the Vulcan, my first thought is "I bet I could totally hella suck repairing those things and no one would even care". Then my second thought is "I wonder how fast I could salvage an aurora down to scrap and I wonder if the entire thing would fit in 12scus of cargo space". I like the avenger because it kind of has tiles like the space shuttle, a gun that reminds me of an A-10, and best of all, happens to be the only ship in my hanger with an actual capacity to shoot effectively.

Deep down though, I just want to scoot around in the Herald and point the antenna array at ships until they wonder what I'm doing to them. It's fat, it's ugly, looks like a badly maintained network closet on the inside, and the exhaust nozzles just SCREAM "compensating for something". Anyway I work in IT, so I feel right at home scuffing around the universe in a network closet. I can't help but love the thing, even if they did put the missiles on the inside of the engine intakes and it amputates my legs every 5th time I enter it. I just **KNOW** that somewhere in TEST there's going to a drunk that wants to sit in the back of the server room away from all the cool graphics playing a hacking minigame, or who wants to pilot so they can talk smack and then punch the afterburners and run away from that guy in a hornet. That person, untroubled by questions like "why is there only one bed and two of us on this ship Ryat?" and "The toilet has no door and is 2 feet from the hacking terminal: I had asparagus for lunch will this be a problem?" will be my new ingame BFF. I know you're out there somewhere...and I can't wait to meet you.

Forgot your password?