History was made today! Jump points work!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
If I were to theorycraft it, I'd have the activation of a Jump Point exits cause a sub-space ripple which would set off any explosives within X distance of it. This would remove any mines laid by sinister forces and keep spawn campers back as well, or limit them to no-missiles putting them at a disadvantage to any emerging ship fully kitted up.

Balanced...?
U r much cleverer than u look

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
  • Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Yes, but what if you can at least hide in the wormhole and send intelligence on who’s using it, without being spotted on either end? That would be a nice buff to the Turtle pilots.
YES!!! That would be so much fun. I kinda always dreamed about have a Terrapin that landed on a large astroid in a large astroid field and relaying enemy guild/ship movements prior to a planned armada battle.

They talked about giving players ability to move astroids with perhaps a SRV. Wonder if you could send astroids hurtling through a wormhole for shit and giggles?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Unless you're the person being shot by some rando & them doing so causes you to be dumped in the middle of nowhere in between the 2 jump points. Thus causing you & the ship you're on becoming stranded with no chance of retrieval. Personally, I'm hoping that this example is the reason why you won't be able to use weapons while jumping or in quantum, because the ability to do so would be a perfect opportunity for a sneaky troll hiding in a fleet to screw over the fleet by knocking some of them out of the group.
So, what happens if you do end up 'falling' out of the wormhole in the black? What can you do then...just re-load the game?

• o7

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Unless you're the person being shot by some rando & them doing so causes you to be dumped in the middle of nowhere in between the 2 jump points. Thus causing you & the ship you're on becoming stranded with no chance of retrieval. Personally, I'm hoping that this example is the reason why you won't be able to use weapons while jumping or in quantum, because the ability to do so would be a perfect opportunity for a sneaky troll hiding in a fleet to screw over the fleet by knocking some of them out of the group.
Woof, do you think someone could lay mines inside a wormhole? Or, if someone is in the wormhole behind you, gank them with the Nautilus? Surely not.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Woof, do you think someone could lay mines inside a wormhole? Or, if someone is in the wormhole behind you, gank them with the Nautilus? Surely not.
Basing this on what I've heard about the Master Modes, I believe that all weapons systems will be disabled while in quantum & jump travel. As for the jump point worm holes that we're eventually supposed to pilot our way through instead of it being on autopilot, I honestly have no idea.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?