Hit 'em with our banjos and beer bottles!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Perhaps this is what the Permadeath mechanic will be for?

If you are not a knob you wake up in a cutlass Red or other ship medical bay with a new ship waiting near by, paid for by the insurance, if you are trying to grief the whole community and generally want to ruin it for everyone? Return to Go, do not collect 200 credits, start again and play properly this time. How much of a punch in the guts would it be to your character name and have to build your rep again? Not sure who Mittens is as I have never played MMO but I can't imagine them being delighted their character name feared across Eve died in SC after a few "unscheduled EVAs" and was not allowed to continue. Mittens_01 just does not have the same ring to it - could be anybody.

I can't imagine Permadeath would be without its penalty, either - in the UK you die, your estate has to pay Death Duties if you have over a certain amount of dough. You know that saying about Death and Taxes? Yeah, we get taxed because we died. Its 40% of anything over a certain threshold so I would expect that to happen to stop naughty dudes just coming back and picking up where they left off.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
We didn't steal their name. @Montoya approached TEST Alliance leadership in 2012 and asked if it was ok to start up a TEST group for SC. Their were like "meh, nobody cares about SC".

The TEST branding has it's origins on reddit, and there are a lot of other TEST gaming clans for other games.

Of course from the point of view of TEST Alliance now (with total different leadership as in 2012) it would seem that we stole "their" name.
Of course that's the case. They're a bunch of whiny little *insulting term*. So If they show up when PU goes live we need repeatedly and violently sodomize the lot of them.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
Perhaps this is what the Permadeath mechanic will be for?

If you are not a knob you wake up in a cutlass Red or other ship medical bay with a new ship waiting near by, paid for by the insurance, if you are trying to grief the whole community and generally want to ruin it for everyone? Return to Go, do not collect 200 credits, start again and play properly this time. How much of a punch in the guts would it be to your character name and have to build your rep again? Not sure who Mittens is as I have never played MMO but I can't imagine them being delighted their character name feared across Eve died in SC after a few "unscheduled EVAs" and was not allowed to continue. Mittens_01 just does not have the same ring to it - could be anybody.

I can't imagine Permadeath would be without its penalty, either - in the UK you die, your estate has to pay Death Duties if you have over a certain amount of dough. You know that saying about Death and Taxes? Yeah, we get taxed because we died. Its 40% of anything over a certain threshold so I would expect that to happen to stop naughty dudes just coming back and picking up where they left off.
That's my understand where the perma-death is concerned. Sounds like you're gonna get a few "clones" before your toon dies completely, then you take control of, like, his kid or something. As for "Mittens", he's hands down the most famous player in Eve Online. He built Goonswarm from nothing and used subversion to completely implode the most powerful group in the game in his rise to power. His handle is The Mittani, but everyone calls him Mittens.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I would rather be flayed alive and roll in salt then have to hear that evil banjo music again. What is that movie anyway ? The original The Hills have Eyes ?
Deliverance. If you want to see one of the most (in)famous scenes, just google "squeal like a pig". It'll be one of the first video results that comes up. That said, it's pretty damn NSFW.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
This is not EVE, a lot of us here are/where members of TEST Alliance in EVE and Goons suck. Other than that, we do not sodomize people for being whiny little asshats in other games, cause then we would be a great big fuckfest...

Play SC for SC and don't worry about who plans to do what in a year or two.

Geez if I wanted drama I'd have stayed in EVE.

Reactions: maynard

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Geez if I wanted drama I'd have stayed in EVE.
I guarantee you, there will be drama in any org as large as ours

but Montoya will be able to handle it

we don't call him Fearless Leader for nothing

Orcharyu

Vice Admiral
Dec 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Papa_Thok
Somedays, I wish I had played EVE. I listen to all these stories of player interaction in that game and I am glad I did not.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
We didn't steal their name. @Montoya approached TEST Alliance leadership in 2012 and asked if it was ok to start up a TEST group for SC. Their were like "meh, nobody cares about SC".

The TEST branding has it's origins on reddit, and there are a lot of other TEST gaming clans for other games.

Of course from the point of view of TEST Alliance now (with total different leadership as in 2012) it would seem that we stole "their" name.
I know the story. And I read a ragepost somewhere about us stealing their name. Endless laughs can be had in the future over this.

Forgot your password?