Hmm, I don't think this worked....

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
Was cleaning up old files on the pc and came across over 10gig of CIG dumps. These seemed to be left from when the game craps out and is suppose to upload it to CIG. I copied the to a old backup drive and deleted them but I don't think this should be happening. Does anyone else have this problem?

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
They were PDF files located in the user's tree. Had 9 or 10 of them. Since I have trash setup to not keep such large files I can't lookup the exact location. But it was PDF files(this was on my system file name, yours my be different depending on how your extention is ref.), within the user's tree. Sorry, I should have been clear on what I was talking about when I posted above.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Was cleaning up old files on the pc and came across over 10gig of CIG dumps. These seemed to be left from when the game craps out and is suppose to upload it to CIG. I copied the to a old backup drive and deleted them but I don't think this should be happening. Does anyone else have this problem?
How long have you been with the game? (When was your first patch?) Do you use the PTU as well as the PU? As you have the copies can you find out when the creation date was? Might have been something that happened in an old patch that they don't do any more.

9 or 10 PDF files taking up 10 gigs are hella big PDF's

Reactions: Blind Owl

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
My game drops alot from ftp errors, which would just hang the game and not finish with a ctd. I would have to cancel the process from executing because it was hung waiting on a network reply. I usually tracked them by checking wait chains in the details process then follow up in the resource monitor process to see if it was working. If it wasn't I would cancel and that could possibly be where the the dumps were left... either way I just keep the drive lean of junk files is the reason I found them in the first place. It appears they have fixed most of the hanging of the ftp errors for me, The game still hangs but then finally does go ctd. after one or two mins. since this last patch.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Hmmm, when my rig broke down 2 years ago, I installed SC on my office laptop. Guess what I found: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Star Citizen\

[EDIT] Yeap, the dir also is present on my gaming rig, file date changed yesterday, but no huge files. Maybe there is another log dump location. I must dig further :pick:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?