Holiday Events (Hey Everybody! Long time no see)

Wrinkle

Captain
Oct 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Wrinkle
Hope everyone is doing well. I hope everyone affected by the hurricane has pulled through and is alright, my heart goes out to ya.

I thought talking about ideas for holiday events might be an interesting discussion.
With October around the corner it got me thinking about possible Halloween events CIG could use when the beta or full release rolls around. One I am most fond of is an event that takes place in the Stanton system (Perhaps on the day of Halloween or even the entire month of October). This event would consist of "bugs" (artificial bugs) that are disturbing in nature. Maybe not as extreme as the one depicted in the halo screen shot, but something similar. Possibly NPC audio queues that are slightly off or unsettling, something you don't normally encounter from the day to day. This could be a cool nod to the 2.0 and even 3.0 patches and might even be a nice nostalgia run for the original backers. Obviously none of these bugs would be game breaking or something that would make the game annoying to play. Just subtle things that could play off as disturbing or unsettling.

Halopcglitchymarine.jpg

Do you have any Holiday event ideas? It could be anything (Christmas, Saint Pats, Easter). It could be even in-game holiday events like Darkmoon Faire or Brewfest in World of Warcraft, go nuts. I loved these when I played WoW and other MMOs; they really brought the place to life.

Its pretty late here right now so I'll be heading to bed, but I'll hop on tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I’m reasonably confident that SC has enough actual bugs to keep us frustrated through the October period.

Also, as an Australian you should be ashamed of yourself - we don’t do Halloween.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Its not a bug its a perk. Think of all the books about journeying to the center of a planet and you get to experience it digitally.
I agree! I bought a Mustang just so I could experience a “journey to the center of the ~Earth~ moon”

Wrinkle

Captain
Oct 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Wrinkle
Haha I thought this might be a too soon kinda thing. I'm still quite attached to the idea. I think I should reiterate none of the bugs would be like the ones we have today, they shouldn't hinder or frustrate the player. Just subtle things to unnerve the player, things or NPCs out of place, familiar music played backwards etc. Maybe Delamar could reappear in the Stanton system. Perhaps something like:
View: https://youtu.be/HtpOp-_get8?t=7m50s
for anyone who's played Majora's Mask

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Im pretty sure CIG will be doing plenty of seasonal easter eggs once we are in the full game.

For now we have actual bugs, like falling to the center of a planet to deal with 😁
This was my thought exactly programing and setting up events like this will rage the customer event as its a waste of resources and time that cpuld have been put into the game. im sure after the game is finished being made they will make lots of events but until then they better not and just keep on truckin

Wrinkle

Captain
Oct 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Wrinkle
This was my thought exactly programing and setting up events like this will rage the customer event as its a waste of resources and time that cpuld have been put into the game. im sure after the game is finished being made they will make lots of events but until then they better not and just keep on truckin
Fair Enough, I'm only a little crushed.
Anyone got their own ideas for holiday events? Obviously this is spitballing ideas for fun. If SC ever has an in-game holiday event like Brewfest it should be called TESTFEST!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sirus7264

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Now this sounds awesome! I'll need more details on time etc before i can commit. December is gonna be busy for me, but i'm very interested.
Thanks
We dont have all the details worked out yet as I am still gathering demographic info so that we can put together the best times/etc. for people. To help me with this endeavor, you can fill out the preliminary form! It's not the official registration for the race.

Reactions: Wrinkle

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
We dont have all the details worked out yet as I am still gathering demographic info so that we can put together the best times/etc. for people. To help me with this endeavor, you can fill out the preliminary form! It's not the official registration for the race.
Hurston hurston!

Reactions: Printimus
Forgot your password?