Holocaust remembrance day

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
It is with great sadness that I am updating this thread.

My Grandmother, pictured in the first post of this thread, passed away peacefully in her sleep on Friday.

She would have been 94 next month.

She saw terrible and amazing things in her lifetime, lived through hell and long enough to see her grandkids have kids of their own, living free, healthy and in safe countries.

I will miss her greatly, she was amazing, I hope this little piece of internet history in this thread keeps her memory going.
My condolences, may you find peace in remembrance of such a wonderful person.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Montoya, please accept my family’s deepest condolences for you and your family.

Humans have done horrible things to others. Some from ignorance, some from fear, some from hurt, and others from hate. The only way to combat this is to learn from history, to bring understanding those that did not know, understanding to those who fear, healing to those that were hurt, and compassion to those that hate.

Sometimes, that seems like an impossible task, but we can only do this one person at a time. It’s too easy to hate, fear, and remain ignorant of things and positions you differ from. We can only grow as a species and as individuals if we choose the hard path. Make the decision to walk the hard path, so that things your grandmother, and other grandmothers and fathers had to endure, never have to be endured again.

Forgot your password?