Home Sweet Home

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thanks, to each and every one of you. I appreciate you all. Cheers!

Also, 512GB on an SSD gets filled up faster than you'd think
I have an additional terabyte of SSD to add to the system when she gets her.
and third Candain insult
The third insult is you misspelling "Canadian", haha. 'Murican edumacations. Love ya brother!
You can BATHE in maple syrup?!

I've been missing out!
Yeah you have. Come on down, I'll teach you the ways!
@Blind Owl returns home to Canada and Canadian Barred Owls go to war against Californian Spotted Owls...coincidence?

...or is it the fault of the Californian Spotted Owl for all that bragging about local craft beers but not having the foresight to make regular shipments to owls in Canada that have BAR in their name?
Ha! Owl wars. It MUST be due to lack of beer.
Welcome home Owl! Hah, it looks like there's a little present from the weatherman coming your way in the morning.
Fucking system outta Texas. What's wrong with Texas? Leave me alone. Haha
@Blind Owl , you're back from the Middle East, huh? How goes the war against the weather in Canadian Forces Base 9 Wing Gander near St. John's in Newfoundland?

I'm guessing that is what you are referring to since that is approximately along the middle of the Eastern Coast of the Canadian border. *winks playfully* I know that I'm probably way wrong, but I hate the idea of my friends being in situations that might actually be dangerous for them, unless they're competing at BEERFEST. In which I simply wish them "Cheers & bottoms up!"
Yes! NFLD! That Middle East! Hahaha. Fighting snow and lack of beer. Ha.
Welcome home my friend.
Thanks old friend. I appreciate it. It's good to be home.
Thanking God you're home safe, brother!
When to that. Shit got very interesting there towards the end.
Welcome home - enjoy some time with your family and then in the verse!
I'm all over the family time brother. Once my wifey good back to work and the little fella is in school, I'll hop online and reconnect.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Fucking system outta Texas. What's wrong with Texas? Leave me alone. Haha
Well it's 8C here right now, 46 F. They're complaining about "Canada" meaning Alberta - where our winter weather does not come from either. Something really funny - they'll close the schools here if there is a snowflake in the forecast. It doesn't even have to fall.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well it's 8C here right now, 46 F. They're complaining about "Canada" meaning Alberta - where our winter weather does not come from either. Something really funny - they'll close the schools here if there is a snowflake in the forecast. It doesn't even have to fall.
That's because some areas of Texas have such high humidity that IF the air is below freezing, the air itself might crystallize within people's lungs. Last I checked, the people that enjoy that smoke menthals.

One thing that has not changed, Star Citizen. It still will crash at the worst time.
So will a sober TESTie, so drink up & get back to TEST piloting ASAP to show us the new skills you picked up in how to use a crop duster as a snow plow.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That's because some areas of Texas have such high humidity that IF the air is below freezing, the air itself might crystallize within people's lungs. Last I checked, the people that enjoy that smoke menthals.
If it's that cold, wear a scarf over your nose and mouth. That's what they're for. Let the frost build up on the scarf, it's actually insulating a small pocket of warm air. But the temperature required to form those kind of ice crystals in the air is a lot colder than you've ever experienced in Texas. Unless you work in a walk in freezer.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If it's that cold, wear a scarf over your nose and mouth. That's what they're for. Let the frost build up on the scarf, it's actually insulating a small pocket of warm air. But the temperature required to form those kind of ice crystals in the air is a lot colder than you've ever experienced in Texas. Unless you work in a walk in freezer.
There have been a few times in my working life that I've worked in sub 0(F) temps with 1 getting down to -20(F). That day was that cold for sure.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
There have been a few times in my working life that I've worked in sub 0(F) temps with 1 getting down to -20(F). That day was that cold for sure.

The only time I've been in temperatures that cold was when I was in Carter Wisconsin. Found out soda cans can freeze inside ones hotel room if placed near the window.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The only time I've been in temperatures that cold was when I was in Carter Wisconsin. Found out soda cans can freeze inside ones hotel room if placed near the window.
I have worked in as low as -40° while unloading outside. There is definitely a limit to the time you can stay exposed no matter how well you bundle up. And sweating in that temperature is awful!

Your eyes water from the freezing wind and then they freeze on your eyelashes, or worse freeze your eye shut.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wait, you were deployed this whole time?
Yup. June last year until this past Monday. 85-105 hours a week. It's no wonder they give us so much time off when we get back.
Hahahah, we're expecting a paltry half a foot in the next day. Not so bad.
Welcome Back! Once the jet-lag is gone and you've spent all the time needed with your family, come for a flight in Star Citizen. There's been a lot of changes over the past 7 months. :)
I'm actually fucking stoked for it. I've been waiting for a hell of a long time to actually play. I'l can't wait to see all the places and things that have been implemented since I last seriously played... Back in 2.1 or 2.2 I think. Been a few years.
One thing that has not changed, Star Citizen. It still will crash at the worst time.
Have we extended an org invite?
I have worked in as low as -40° while unloading outside. There is definitely a limit to the time you can stay exposed no matter how well you bundle up. And sweating in that temperature is awful!

Your eyes water from the freezing wind and then they freeze on your eyelashes, or worse freeze your eye shut.
In Canada (outside of the Lower Mainland) we call that January-February. And you can function just fine at -40 C or F. You just have to put on an extra shirt and don't put your tongue on anything metal.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In Canada (outside of the Lower Mainland) we call that January-February. And you can function just fine at -40 C or F. You just have to put on an extra shirt and don't put your tongue on anything metal.
It's almost but not quite funny when someone unfamiliar with what happens buys a pair of those gloves with a metal clip to hold them together... and uses their mouth to pull on that to get them on. "Hep be! Ith thuk. I cat get thith oppph by tugh."

Edit: who am I kidding, it's funny as hell, but you try not to laugh.

Forgot your password?