Houston members, are you ok?

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Think buoyant thoughts, everyone. In a pinch, empty kegs can be used as a flotation device; But ONLY if they're empty. As good an excuse as any to start drinking before noon!
New caption: Multi-ethnic cows getting wet and wild during hurricane, let their udders hang free XXX
Stay safe! Ride a cow drunk

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I hope all the TESTies in Houston are safe. If any have evacuated to Austin and are in need of additional clothing or anything let me know and if I can I will help.

I think the news may have caught some TESTies being rescued.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/hurricane-harvey-boat-rescuers-take-shots-spring-texas-youtube-video/
3.8K Views 169 Shares 2 Comments

By S.J. Prince
Published Aug 29, 2017 at 9:41am

Updated Aug 29, 2017 at 10:49am
Like Us on Facebook!
Loving Heavy? Follow us on Facebook!

A Fox 26 reporter doing a segment on boat rescuers in Spring, Texas “sharing water out of the cap of a bottle” didn’t realize that the men were passing around shots.

“That’s really an example what we’re seeing,” the female reporter says, commenting on a man who apparently just threw back a shot of Skyy vodka in a rescue boat. “Look at them sharing water, just out of the cap of that bottle.”

“Yeah…” her male counterpart chimes in. “Yeah, I’m not sure that that was water.”

The woman realizes that she might be wrong and responds, “Whatever they need to feel better, guys.”

As the footage continues to roll, we see the man who passed out the shots pull out another jug, this time very clearly water.

The person filming the news segment laughs throughout.

Kortheous

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2015
RSI Handle
kortheous
Even though I was able to get back to work today, there are still many areas around Houston that are flooded. In some areas where levies were opened, water levels are rising. At work today, one of the guys lent out his boat to help another coworker get out of her subdivision. This storm also caused major flooding to the east as it was leaving Texas. Port Arthur got hit pretty hard with rain. Several oil refineries got knocked offline and now if gas stations have gas, it is 30 cents or more per gallon. Additionally, it looks like Harvey has degraded down so hopefully doesn't cause any more damage as it moves out east.

Aurora

Grand Admiral
Aug 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Aurora1
It's not that bad, even though everyone is seeing in SOME AREAS there is massive flooding.

Also, I keep thinking about back in 2005 when Hurricane Rita came through, the evacuation caused a gridlock on the freeways. It took many people 24 hours to go 200 miles to Dallas. Now, the Mayor is catching crap because he did not issue an evacuation, however the same thing would happened.
I was out there during Rita and yes it was bad but everyone seems to have forgot about Ike 2008. We lost our place to Ike but the evacuation wasnt that bad cause alot of people decided to stay and 195 people lost there lives. evacuation is always the way!

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Even though I was able to get back to work today, there are still many areas around Houston that are flooded. In some areas where levies were opened, water levels are rising. At work today, one of the guys lent out his boat to help another coworker get out of her subdivision. This storm also caused major flooding to the east as it was leaving Texas. Port Arthur got hit pretty hard with rain. Several oil refineries got knocked offline and now if gas stations have gas, it is 30 cents or more per gallon. Additionally, it looks like Harvey has degraded down so hopefully doesn't cause any more damage as it moves out east.
With the news about the refinery, every station in my Bee Cave is supposedly out of gas tonight. Every station had lines backed up onto the highway.
I decided if I run out of gas I will just work from home until there is more.

I have a couple of co-workers in Houston and one that was evacuated finally got to go home today. He was lucky and there was no flood in his neighborhood.

Forgot your password?