How Blind Owl starts a campfire

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Wow. Beer is about $5 a glass here. $3 if it's draft beer and happy hour.

A burger is anywhere between $3 and $8, depending on the quality. Fries are $2-$4 depending on the size.

A burger and basket of fries is around $10 or $12 with a quality burger and loads of fries.
That is surprisingly accurate prices. I was at a local this past weekend, all the beer is $5 a glass and the food truck burger I got was $10, fries were $4 but it was so worth it.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Damn now I am starving.
I really need to get to Europe and try some food. I have several problems though.

1) languages - the only language that I can grab a dictionary and try to stumble through it is French. I'd be lost in German and missing in action for the rest.

2) I'm an American from the West - my culture differs even from the East coast of America. It may be challenging for me to not stand out, ha. Some things just seem weird to me and other things seem fine (I like bacon and syrup on my pancakes)

3) I'm a sucker for German girls. They can rob me blind and I would not care.

3 things that when combined may leave me dead in an alley somewhere to rust.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
I really need to get to Europe and try some food. I have several problems though.

1) languages - the only language that I can grab a dictionary and try to stumble through it is French. I'd be lost in German and missing in action for the rest.

2) I'm an American from the West - my culture differs even from the East coast of America. It may be challenging for me to not stand out, ha. Some things just seem weird to me and other things seem fine (I like bacon and syrup on my pancakes)

3 things that when combined may leave me dead in an alley somewhere to rust.
1) A lot of us speak English by now. The further North you go the better the English gets (applies to the country, not necessarily IN the country itself).

2) All cultures have weird things. It's part of what is fun about experiencing new ones. No one will judge you... openly...

3) ... Nothing I know can help with that, sorry.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Now thats a fire! git that damn lighter fluid out of here, bring me that gasoline over here. LOL
We used to have these huge bonfires when I lived out in the boonies of Maryland. We would douse the pile in kerosene and then stand back and launch bottle rockets at the pile until we had a fireball reaching up to the top of the trees.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
1) A lot of us speak English by now. The further North you go the better the English gets (applies to the country, not necessarily IN the country itself).

2) All cultures have weird things. It's part of what is fun about experiencing new ones. No one will judge you... openly...

3) ... Nothing I know can help with that, sorry.
This is the truth for the most part.

Also you know how local girls go all weak kneed for them foreigner dudes? Well you might just find its universal. And so if you get the opportunity to travel take it, then make sure you spend absolutely no time in your hotel room.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
This is the truth for the most part.

Also you know how local girls go all weak kneed for them foreigner dudes? Well you might just find its universal. And so if you get the opportunity to travel take it, then make sure you spend absolutely no time in your hotel room.
So you're saying that I should go over to her house instead? I like that idea!

Forgot your password?