How do you make an Org?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I might just get another package and make the Org off the back of that... Don't think I have the kind of time on my hands to actually run one though.
That's what I did. I just made a second SC account and bought a package on it. I used that account to create the org so I could still keep test as my main org. I mainly did it as a placeholder though. I have had the name as an alt guild in piles of other mmos.

One thing of note, it looks like Star Citizen allows for duplicate org names. Since I made mine, there are others that have chosen that name and made their org. I'm actually really disappointed in that. Not only can people run around with the same org tag, but they can do it as many times as they want. The implications for "cross contamination" are huge.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
That's what I did. I just made a second SC account and bought a package on it. I used that account to create the org so I could still keep test as my main org. I mainly did it as a placeholder though. I have had the name as an alt guild in piles of other mmos.

One thing of note, it looks like Star Citizen allows for duplicate org names. Since I made mine, there are others that have chosen that name and made their org. I'm actually really disappointed in that. Not only can people run around with the same org tag, but they can do it as many times as they want. The implications for "cross contamination" are huge.
Wait, seriously? Someone should make TEST Squid-ron, then.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
Wait... You guys are... guys?
shhhh ... my point is - in case any friendly persona on internet pretend to be offended by anything - always assure the said persona that there is no reason to be offended and you meant something different ( it is especially important in typically bell triggering cases of microphone absence etc. ) .. I am definitely and 100% not here to cause trouble to any friendly person deliberately.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
shhhh ... my point is - in case any friendly persona on internet pretend to be offended by anything - always assure the said persona that there is no reason to be offended and you meant something different ( it is especially important in typically bell triggering cases of microphone absence etc. ) .. I am definitely and 100% not here to cause trouble to any friendly person deliberately.
*pretends to be offended*

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
*pretends to be offended*
*Pretends to be genderless*

:wink:

Reactions: Sraika

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...One thing of note, it looks like Star Citizen allows for duplicate org names. Since I made mine, there are others that have chosen that name and made their org. I'm actually really disappointed in that. Not only can people run around with the same org tag, but they can do it as many times as they want. The implications for "cross contamination" are huge.
Multiple Orgs can use the same name but each must have a unique Spectrum ID. AFAIK it's the Spectrum ID, not the Org name, that will display with your character name in-game.

When CIG published their lore on the 999th Test Squadron I created two Orgs,
Squadron 999 [WRECKLESS] and Squadron 999 [TESTES], one for roleplayers, the other for TESTes who want to play at roleplaying. There are metric shit-tonnes of Squadron 999s now, but each is distinguished by its Spectrum ID.

Choose your Spectrum ID wisely, that's what you will be known by.

Reactions: Bambooza and Sraika

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Get a bunch of alcohol, cocaine, and unattractive middle aged people, put them in a house in the suburbs, and play a bunch of Sting and George Michaels.

Unless “Org” stands for ‘Orginization’- then I don’t know and you’re on your own. I’ll be in the suburbs.

Reactions: Bambooza

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Multiple Orgs can use the same name but each must have a unique Spectrum ID. AFAIK it's the Spectrum ID, not the Org name, that will display with your character name in-game.

When CIG published their lore on the 999th Test Squadron I created two Orgs,
Squadron 999 [WRECKLESS] and Squadron 999 [TESTES], one for roleplayers, the other for TESTes who want to play at roleplaying. There are metric shit-tonnes of Squadron 999s now, but each is distinguished by its Spectrum ID.

Choose your Spectrum ID wisely, that's what you will be known by.
“Play at roleplaying”? Is this some sort of replaying-inception? Like- people that are roleplaying, roleplaying? People that are roleplaying, not roleplaying? My head hurts.

Reactions: Sraika and Bambooza
Forgot your password?