marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have bought a "few" ships on the grey market. They all are not giftable, a few are CCUd, one package. The package has a CCU which I want to be removed.
If I receive a package, CCUd, can I melt it when I receive it and buy it back with store credits at once?
Or must I wait a day after claiming it, melt it, wait another day and buy it back with store credits?
Will it be the original package including all original options but without the CCU?
After I buy it back with store credits, will it be giftable again or must I buy it back with real money to get it giftable?
I still have 1 opportunity to buy back with store credits. How long does it take before that will be replenished after using it?

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Ok, those are a lot of questions...

There is a 24 hours "cooldown" after anything bought with credits or cash can be molten. You can melt a ship or package you just received if it was purchased more than 24 hours ago.

Ships or packages (or anything unmeltable for that matter) bought back with cash can be gifted right away. Stuff bought back with credits are account bound, and you need a "buy back token" to do that. Everyone gets back his token at the same time every quarter. The last one respawned on June, iirc. They are non-cumulative.

CCUs applied on molten ships/packages are lost, and I mean lost for good, and its original value added back as credits. The base ship/package will be available in the "buy back" tab.

Be aware that not everything is unmeltable! Physical packages or items are lost forever. Promotional packages are lost too. This includes and are not limited to: AMD Mustang Omega Never Settle packages, anniversary starter packages (like the $20 dollars ones from 2014, or the $30 ones from 2015), etc.

Limited ships are not lost when unmolten: I.e. 890J and Phoenixes. I'm not sure about Scythes and Glaives, someone else should answer to that.

Taxes: are paid when buying back with cash, not when using credits.

Last, but not least... suscriber discount coupons are not usable when buying back an item. I found the hard way :/

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I still have 1 opportunity to buy back with store credits. How long does it take before that will be replenished after using it?
I think the un-melt token that lets you rebuy with credit replenishes every 3 (?) months. Can't say for sure.
EDIT: Also, I don't have any CCUs in my buy back. Got the money, but not the "Aurora to Whatever."

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
This is the specific heat for energy needed to change any specific temperature, plus the latent heat specific to the material for the phase change between solid and liquid, which is often very large. It's surprising that. . .
OK, that was the melting part, now the unmelting part would really interest me from your scientific point of view.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Be aware that not everything is unmeltable! Physical packages or items are lost forever. Promotional packages are lost too. This includes and are not limited to: AMD Mustang Omega Never Settle packages, anniversary starter packages (like the $20 dollars ones from 2014, or the $30 ones from 2015), etc.
Is the Arbiter package unmeltable?
upload_2016-7-30_23-17-49.png

I don't want to find it out the hard way ;)

Reactions: AstroSam and makute

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Digital bounty hunter comes with a 300i, Arbiter Package comes with a 325A.
"Are you ready for action? Pick up the Arbiter package, which includes everything from the Digital Bounty Hunter but replaces the base ORIGIN 300i model with a capable ORIGIN 325a fighter. Make them think twice before tangling with you!"
I'm a fighter collector and choose the 350R out of the 300 series. Bad choice for a dogfighter, it has other very useful characteristics, one is the good looks: black / yellow :D

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I was wondering?
If you have an LTI giftable hornet and CCU upgrade to a constellation using store credit rather then cash... will you end up with a LTI giftable constellation? or a LTI non giftable constellation?
It stays giftable. I once bought an Aquila LTI, sold as credits, it was upgraded from an Aurora LTI at 75% :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroSam and makute

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It should be. I've unmelted a few of original backer pledges without issues.

IIRC, the Arbiter package came with a 300I? Then you will get back the value of the Gladius CCU as credits instead of as a separate item.
Yeap, it worked fine, I now have a non giftable Arbiter package with a 325A LTI and some store credits. Thanks for the info :). My wish list starts to get smaller :D

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
OK, that was the melting part, now the unmelting part would really interest me from your scientific point of view.
It's the same in both directions, but when it's turning solid the latent heat is called latent heat of condensation. When it turns gaseous it's called latent heat of vaporization, etc. It's basically just a certain quantity of energy for each degree change for any given material, plus additional energy for a state (solid, liquid, gas, plasma) change. I think when you have sublimation, which is when you skip a state and go for instance from solid to gas; you add both phase changes' latent heats.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
If I receive a package, CCUd, can I melt it when I receive it and buy it back with store credits at once?
Yes. As a rule, you can only unmelt the original ship, NOT the CCU'd. See the following example, which is a Blade and a CCU'd Connie. Using the buy back option, I would receive the Blade, NOT the Connie.

Or must I wait a day after claiming it, melt it, wait another day and buy it back with store credits?
First, it has no relevance if you are buying ships by store creds or real money.
Second, the 24h-rule only is valid for "fresh" bought ships. Those you can melt after 24 hours at the earliest.

Will it be the original package including all original options but without the CCU?
Yes, "buy back" means the ORIGINAL package incl. all ORIGINAL features (like LTI) and/or items (like soundtracks, SQ42 or else).

After I buy it back with store credits, will it be giftable again or must I buy it back with real money to get it giftable?
I've written this warning several times: ships or hangar flair is ONLY giftable if it is bought by 100% REAL MONEY. If there is only 1 credit store used, the possibility of gifting this item is declined. ONLY ITEMS WHICH ARE BOUGHT WITH 100% REAL MONEY ARE GIFTABLE!!

That said, every item only is giftable one time. After that you can only melt it for store creds.

The oppty lasts until CIG stopps this option, probably when going into beta testing phase. That said, its only displayed "1 buy back pledge". You never know (imho - please correct me if the case may be) if there may be more. For instance, I've used this buy back option for I-dont-know three or four times and still there is this "you have 1 buy back pledge" information displayed...

Hopefully that this information is helpful :)
Cheers!
Sam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yes. As a rule, you can only unmelt the original ship, NOT the CCU'd. See the following example, which is a Blade and a CCU'd Connie. Using the buy back option, I would receive the Blade, NOT the Connie.
Yes, "buy back" means the ORIGINAL package incl. all ORIGINAL features (like LTI) and/or items (like soundtracks, SQ42 or else).
That was my intention, buy a CCUd package while I actually was interested in the original ;)

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I've used this buy back option for I-dont-know three or four times and still there is this "you have 1 buy back pledge" information displayed...
It specifically says: "You have 1 opportunity to buy back a pledge with credits." As in, you can buy back whatever you please with cash, but only one pledge with store credits every quarter.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
It specifically says: "You have 1 opportunity to buy back a pledge with credits." As in, you can buy back whatever you please with cash, but only one pledge with store credits every quarter.
Even in this quarter I've buy backed two (at least; or three?). And I'm still having one buy back pledge (at least). I'm not sure how many times I melted and "buy backed" in the last quarter. Perhaps as concierge you possibly have multiple buy backs opportunities...? I couldn't explain it otherwise.

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?