How many SOTS (State of the Squadron) is it going to take before full persistent universe

Make your prediction to how many SOTS will be made by the time SC is out of Beta and released to GA?

• 35 SOTS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 45 SOTS

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 55 SOTS

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 65 SOTS

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 75 SOTS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 100 SOTS

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 1000 SOTS

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 123491238019349873204987130948712040 SOTS

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
I endorse this product or service.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
If you read this a certain way, he's also voting for 42.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
That is an interesting question and unit of measurement!
I say SOTS 65!
Now that's a dilemma ... on one side - Montoya is the one who determines how many will be created ... on another hand it is obvious that SOT 42 shall be the release SOT ... hmmm

Oh I got it ... it will be SOT42 ... but because total number shall be 65 and 65-42 = 23 it will be SOT42W !

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
You WIN!

Also, I'm optimistic, I said SOTS 55. That's two years or so. Very optimistic. Haha
I thought the question was which one would it end on, ha. I re-read it just to make sure that I was wrong.

I was going to give the same guess. So now I will have to say SOTS 54 1/2. The final release will come out in the middle of Montoya creating SOTS 55.
Wise choice.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Make your prediction to how many SOTS will be made by the time SC is out of Beta and GA. I'd say the winners get a package but I am sure I will forget I wrote this by the time it comes to fruition.
I predict that the number of SOTS's that there will be will be determined by however many @Montoya chooses to make & release before Chris Roberts is certain that the game is ready for full release.

This being stated, I have a small problem with the question itself. Should we not be asking how many SHOTS of our favorite beverages we will be taking while doing our part to destroy the servers as well as everything in the PU as we help TEST the game for glitches, bugs & exploits for CIG to fix in order to make this the best damned space based game ever?

Also, how was it that none of those potential answers mentioned beer? This is TEST Squadron after all. ;p

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Rubber ducky vs cute furry harp seal pup... I find my pale monkey arse which probably has caused more klingons than an entire season of Star Trek, and all the movies combined, cannot make up it's mind which to root for.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I have no idea what SOTS means, but if you mean how many more updates I think 35 might actually be close. If they don't let things slide, then 32 is the number I come up with, and the game will be essentially complete and release quality by 2022. They need to run both PTU and PU all the time though, so they don't push a broken patch.

What I want to know is how many of these CIG is breaking: (My 5 quality lessons to a software development team last year. They avoided a black swan by the skin of their teeth) They are breaking #3. I think several others.
  1. "It compiles" is not a synonym for it works
  2. If the requirements don't make sense to the developers, the software won't make sense to the users
  3. Never patch in production, without patching and testing in your test environment first. You're not that good.
  4. You can test it now, during development, or you can test it after a user discovers the bugs. Your choice.
  5. Just because something is cool to do, doesn't mean it should be done. Follow the requirements, and only the requirements.
I think some disgruntled former employee indicated 2. in a Glassdoor review,
the Evocati system is basically 4.,
and Chris "Feature creep" Roberts is all about 5. (And we love him for it.)

So, let's just go with "All of them" for good measure.

Forgot your password?