No repair or refueling
No point defense or defense systems other than security forces
No shields
No bars or strip clubs
it's not very mobile
It's boring
it sucks
I hate it
All it has is beds, tiny lounges, couple shops, big benny noodles, and energy drinks.
Would be cool to own one though.... lol

Security IMO is a more classy satellite base. At least it has a cafeteria.
Id have to say over 4k due to the ability to add mods to it and it could be infinitely expansive. here are some examples

Police station(Spawns NPCS to defend your spacestation)
Medical Center(obvious)
Recreation area(mini games)
Berthings
Kitchens
Research labs
Repair pads
Restaurants
Living quarters
Refinery(melt scrap metal and ore)
Ship yards(build ships from reprocessed scrap metal or paint)
NPC shopping districts(NPCs may come to your spacestation to live and set up shop)
Transport hubs
Museum(Place to put found artifacts by your org)
Teleporting pads(to planets in your solar system you are currently in and the ability to teleport back)
Observatory
Gardening

Even if they only started you with just a basic here's a landing pad it's still worth it just to get the mods later when the game comes out. Now why do I say over 4k? they don't want to make this massively available(Yes I know they can say only X amount will be sold) and know that orgs contain hundreds if not thousands of players so getting players to get together to pay for one would be easy. Do I think it should be an armstance? Inside the space station yes(unless your under attack by pirates or an org that your org has banned anyone from. Then an alarm will go off police will start running out shops will close down and the station just became a big battlefield.) Now why would an org want to purchase a station with real money? Easy LTI in the case where your station is destroyed your wouldn't need to pay massive amounts to keep up on insurance costs or buying a new station in general. Sorry to say i'm just really hoping this becomes a thing as I have always wanted it to be.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Watch they do a ship shape on Port Olisar now lol.... "Hey Star Citizens, we're redoing port olisar which is going to extend our release of 3.0 to you for another 6 months"
I wouldn't put it past them at this point, to be honest...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Watch they do a ship shape on Port Olisar now lol.... "Hey Star Citizens, we're redoing port olisar which is going to extend our release of 3.0 to you for another 6 months"
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! CIG, look away now!
Do I think it should be an armstance? Inside the space station yes(unless your under attack by pirates or an org that your org has banned anyone from. Then an alarm will go off police will start running out shops will close down and the station just became a big battlefield.)
I think armistice around org bases would be cheating. It would be a player-owned base, which would make the juiciest, tastiest loot for the end game.
Sure, we just destroyed your capital ships and stuff, but WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR FORTRESS! Wait, no you can't. Your weapons magically stop while you're in our beer factory.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! CIG, look away now!

I think armistice around org bases would be cheating. It would be a player-owned base, which would make the juiciest, tastiest loot for the end game.
Sure, we just destroyed your capital ships and stuff, but WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR FORTRESS! Wait, no you can't. Your weapons magically stop while you're in our beer factory.
Ah sorry I forgot to put the other half on that yeah I think outside the space station defiantly you should be allowed to attack anyone or anything. But if you do the space station goes into Alert status like I stated arm stance is disabled in the station and the fun begins and yeah it would be a great looting deal.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I bet someone at CIG reads this and says out loud: "We did update Olisar to Item 2.0 didn't we? Didn't we...? Awwwwww fuuuuuuuuuuuu-"

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Port Olisar is the stupidest space station I have seen in 30 years.
4 identical areas with no connecting doors.
4 identical shops in each area........
Stupid.

They couldn't pay me enough to have it........
In fact CT, If you EVA and look it from outside the sections are not even connected, you could not physically walk between the two half's even if there were doors So I expect a full rebuild

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
In fact CT, If you EVA and look it from outside the sections are not even connected, you could not physically walk between the two half's even if there were doors So I expect a full rebuild

Well now you are wrong they are physically connected, each landing pad module platform have a center house module that is attached to a arm that is attached to the central hub building.

That is what he mean there is no connecting door, it is missing interior walkway between the landing pad house module and main hub building. When he say there is no connecting door it is a expression not literally just a door, but obviously the interior connecting walkway in the arm connected to the main hub and the main hub there is no interior either....
That is what is being said, just 4 identical copied modules with with no connecting doors as in to be able to walk in to main hub building then to another landing pad module house, so they are indeed physically connected with each other but the interior connecting is missing...

:beers: :beers: :beers:

Reactions: StdDev and supitza

spectre44

Admiral
Feb 4, 2017
RSI Handle
spectre44
I'd say it's worth about three gallons of hooker spit until they fix that detaching wheel issue. Also, what in the hell is the deal with the wheels, anyways? Lore includes artificial gravity...Doesn't make sense.
How much is a gallon of hooker spit? I would say its vicinity to crusader is a huge advantage as an operational staging area. Problem is Crusader is a gas giant and useless. That said, its a beautiful planet and Olisar could be a good tourist destination. I would sell my daughter's car and buy it for 4000.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
A Port Olisar ship would not be good for the game...right now.

Now, I can imagine the game opportunities it would provide. It would provide a place of commerce for up up to a quarter of a million humans and aliens...wait...sorry, that's B5

Ok, seriously. It could provide:
A place to buy and well good for a local area
A place to have people logout and log in.
Medical facilities and medical play
Repair and repair/upgrade play
Aplace people could haul materials to and from as it would need food, minerals, medical, and other supplies to support station operations
Warehouses for people to store their stuff (this is actually something the game needs right now)
A marketplace for people to buy and sell the stuff in the warehouse (and stuff sold to the vendors)
Manufacturing (if said manufacturing can exist in player hands)
A base for an org to launch and receive attacks.
You can place it where you want it/need it, so that it is in the right spot for your org.

It would also provide a money sink. Shops would not generate profits below a certain amount of business, so unless you have a good clientele yit might cost you money to run shops. Day to day operations would also cost a certain amount that would need to be funded through landing costs, repairs, etc.

While those are good things, I believe that stations should not be player run at this point, or anytime soon after launch. Maybe a year after launch, but even that may be too soon.

Anyway, that's my two credits.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
A Port Olisar ship would not be good for the game...right now.

Now, I can imagine the game opportunities it would provide. It would provide a place of commerce for up up to a quarter of a million humans and aliens...wait...sorry, that's B5

Ok, seriously. It could provide:
A place to buy and well good for a local area
A place to have people logout and log in.
Medical facilities and medical play
Repair and repair/upgrade play
Aplace people could haul materials to and from as it would need food, minerals, medical, and other supplies to support station operations
Warehouses for people to store their stuff (this is actually something the game needs right now)
A marketplace for people to buy and sell the stuff in the warehouse (and stuff sold to the vendors)
Manufacturing (if said manufacturing can exist in player hands)
A base for an org to launch and receive attacks.
You can place it where you want it/need it, so that it is in the right spot for your org.

It would also provide a money sink. Shops would not generate profits below a certain amount of business, so unless you have a good clientele yit might cost you money to run shops. Day to day operations would also cost a certain amount that would need to be funded through landing costs, repairs, etc.

While those are good things, I believe that stations should not be player run at this point, or anytime soon after launch. Maybe a year after launch, but even that may be too soon.

Anyway, that's my two credits.
It would actually be a very good money sink. A whole organization chipping in to get the stupidly expensive upgrades for their home base.
I'd love it if we were able to buy a home base, like an Olisar, and upgrade it with profession modules (trading hub, repair shop, hospital, refineries, gas station, scrapyard, farm etc.). Just think of the possibilities.
I imagine an org base, fully upgraded, would probably cost as much as 10 javelins and would take 1-2 years for a small org to achieve.
CIG PLZ!

Forgot your password?