How To Build: RSI Polaris Model

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Sure! You build a model of the BMM off the latest concept artwork and I'll build a laser cut model of it.

You should wait.... they said there is going to be at least another piece of new concept art for the BMM by the end of this month. Maybe new exterior? ;)

Reactions: StdDev

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Sure! You build a model of the BMM off the latest concept artwork and I'll build a laser cut model of it.
no no no !!!! you misunderstand !!!! - I meant, I'll model for you in person anytime. I certainly won't 3d model for you as I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to pixels. I just buy other peoples pixels if they're arranged in a manner that satisfies me!!!

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
no no no !!!! you misunderstand !!!! - I meant, I'll model for you in person anytime. I certainly won't 3d model for you as I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to pixels. I just buy other peoples pixels if they're arranged in a manner that satisfies me!!!
If I had time I could do a 3d model but I'm going to be very busy for a long time.....

Reactions: StdDev and BUTUZ

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Do the Terrapin. Plz

Great work BTW, would love to see you continue this.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You should send some SS to CIG and possibly send them a model they can put together and paint I bet they would get a kick out of this and post it on their citizens of the stars. Those are pretty awesome jobs there though beautiful job putting them together. I really need to get a 3d printer.

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
You should send some SS to CIG and possibly send them a model they can put together and paint I bet they would get a kick out of this and post it on their citizens of the stars. Those are pretty awesome jobs there though beautiful job putting them together. I really need to get a 3d printer.
I spent some hard earned/wasted time tonight making a semi-legit looking box for the Carrack parts. I think much trolling is gonna come from this... but sending one to CIG would be pretty cool.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
My god this is a great project you have going on here is the box also 3d printed, made out of wood(wood working or personally made), or cardboard? The burnt textures you put on the box and the ship are a great idea and really show the battle scars of the project absolutely fantastic I would definitely buy one haha but you should make sure its ok with CIG before you started on a business venture like that you would make a killing on ebay or an online store.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .you would make a killing on ebay or an online store.
Yeah, until CIG got word and wanted their cut. Of course if all he wanted to do was "trade" with his friends here at TEST, he might get away with that for quite some time.

I would bet there are a couple dozen guys at TEST who would pay a cool grand for half dozen of their favorite models. He might pull down $30k for 6 months and close up shop. All just between friends, mind you. . .

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh my god. So lush.

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
Well, I did it again. I procrastinated and didn't work on the Polaris. Since the Carrack I finished the Dragonfly and the Eclipse:

Yet again I will procrastinate... ish. Going for broke boys. 1/256th scale 2945 Aegis Idris-M model. I was motivated by @FailuretoReport 's disappointing Idris-M CCU ordeal from the past two weeks.

At over 3 ft long this will be my largest model to date by over 12 inches. Gonna try to take care of it in 3-4 sections as not to get burnt out.

Perhaps this will be the largest ship model to date? I need to find out how big Disco's 3D printed Retaliator is.

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
Yeah, until CIG got word and wanted their cut. Of course if all he wanted to do was "trade" with his friends here at TEST, he might get away with that for quite some time.

I would bet there are a couple dozen guys at TEST who would pay a cool grand for half dozen of their favorite models. He might pull down $30k for 6 months and close up shop. All just between friends, mind you. . .
#smirkyface

Reactions: Gearen and StdDev
Forgot your password?