How To Carry a Weapon in an Armistice Zone in Star Citizen

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

People had been asking me how I achieved screenshots like these:

When you're in the armistice zone (no weapons allowed), it doesn't matter if you have a space suit, clothes, or are nude... the trick is the same. You can not draw a gun while in an armistice zone. BUT, you can "carry" one that is not already attached to you... as-in, you use the INTERACTION - CARRY option to hold the weapon.

HOW:
The easiest way to get access to a gun that can be picked up is to use a ship that has a gun rack in it... like the Cutlass, 300's, etc.

1. Get a ship with a usable weapon rack and fly it outside an armistice zone
  2. Get out of your seat and walk over to your on-ship gun rack.
  3. Arm/draw any weapon you want
  4. Use the INTERACTION interface (holding F by default), look at the weapon rack, and PLACE should be available. This will put the weapon in your hands into the weapon rack.
  5. Fly back down to ANY armistice zone
  6. Land and walk over to your weapon rack
  7. Again, use the INTERACTION interface and select CARRY on the weapon.
  8. This will put it in the CARRY position. You can not use, fire, aim, etc the weapon... all you can do is carry it.

If you use Mobiglas, it will put the weapon away... or if you're wearing clothes, it will drop the weapon to the ground. You can't get it back in the carry position unless you go back to a gun rack and CARRY an available weapon.

Using this weapon rack technique (or dropping the weapon on the ground), you can stay outside the zone and EQUIP weapons while NOT wearing a space suit... meaning, you can actually fire the gun now. BUT you still can't fire a weapon inside an armistice zone.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Do we mess with the community a little and make a short video of about 8 TESTies walking in formation through the Area18 space port carrying guns? Call the video... we took over Riker Memorial Spaceport!
we can call our security squad.....the banana patrol.
And this is what we have to sing while we march!

Sounds like a plan.

Hasgaha Fun Fact #32: I saw Raffi live when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade... back in the "One Light, One Sun" era. I still have a vinyl album somewhere.
I forced my kids to listen to Casper Babypants... which I still enjoy (Chris Ballew from The Presidents of the United States of America):

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Sounds like a plan.
I’m so up for this
Looks like we know what we're doing this weekend!
At the risk of derailing the topic, I was playing last night and really enjoyed the new flight system right up to the point that I had to land.
@Montoya I think we have an event plan. Let’s get lots of video for glorious propaganda.
I'm up for this

we need more videos that make us look like we know what we're doing!
We do?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

People had been asking me how I achieved screenshots like these:

View attachment 13148

View attachment 13149

View attachment 13150

When you're in the armistice zone (no weapons allowed), it doesn't matter if you have a space suit, clothes, or are nude... the trick is the same. You can not draw a gun while in an armistice zone. BUT, you can "carry" one that is not already attached to you... as-in, you use the INTERACTION - CARRY option to hold the weapon.

HOW:
The easiest way to get access to a gun that can be picked up is to use a ship that has a gun rack in it... like the Cutlass, 300's, etc.

4. Use the INTERACTION interface (holding F by default), look at the weapon rack, and PLACE should be available. This will put the weapon in your hands into the weapon rack.
  8. This will put it in the CARRY position. You can not use, fire, aim, etc the weapon... all you can do is carry it.

If you use Mobiglas, it will put the weapon away... or if you're wearing clothes, it will drop the weapon to the ground. You can't get it back in the carry position unless you go back to a gun rack and CARRY an available weapon.

Using this weapon rack technique (or dropping the weapon on the ground), you can stay outside the zone and EQUIP weapons while NOT wearing a space suit... meaning, you can actually fire the gun now. BUT you still can't fire a weapon inside an armistice zone.
Really cool, loved the vid! Thanks for making this!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
HOW:

Thanks for this! I sense a "holy cow, this works" moment in your past.

Do we mess with the community a little and make a short video of about 8 TESTies walking in formation through the Area18 space port carrying guns? Call the video... we took over Riker Memorial Spaceport!
Why stop there? There's an entire solar system to dominate!

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
that's a neat trick
Yep. It's mostly pointless. But it makes for interesting screenshots and videos.

Really cool, loved the vid! Thanks for making this!
Thanks, glad you liked it.

Thanks for this! I sense a "holy cow, this works" moment in your past.

Why stop there? There's an entire solar system to dominate!
When I was able to fire my gun while wearing clothing, THAT was my "holy cow" moment. People have been asking for that ability for a long time now.

Reactions: Sraika and Vavrik
Forgot your password?