How to Make Salvage Amazing

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have watched the vid a bit now, their vision looks fine - rather than a fracture field turning it to dust which it swallows all in one the hull is perforated like toilet paper, the hull chopped into chunks then the fracture field turning the chunks in to resource which the tractor beam turrets then need to drag into the ship (which would still make sense of the shredding room).

For scale I think it would still work with the Vulture on smaller hulls or multiple Vultures on larger hulls...?

I sort of think this is where Hull Munching is going, they did indicate Tier Zero was simplistic to get it in to the game and running and that further iterations would be more involved.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I totally agree with Ryan envision, not only make the whole process engaging for different players at the same time, but also is expandable.

For example the compacted ship chunks can be updated to be raw material that can be sold as is (for a very low income) or taked to a refinery to be processed so you can retrieve the more valuable materials like titanium, copper, aluminium etc... basically following the same logic of the actual mining loop.

Secondary the whole waring of potential danger can be expanded into other aspect other then the chopping thing (that could became a requirement and not an options): like siphoning the fuel out of a ship, removing the powerplant and the shield generator or taking care of missiles/torpedo or other dangerous cargo in the ship, basically having players involved in the salvaging of a ship form the very bottom (retrieving valuable material) to the top (the hull salvage).

Forgot your password?