How to open a private chat channel within Star Citizen

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hi all, Mz is right - thanks a lot for explanation :)
I made a vid from it, but had no time to upload it until now.
Well, here it is.
As you can see, you open a private channel by clicking on that bubble (you can right click on the new "private channel" and rename it then).
After that you open the list on the LEFT side of the chat box and invite whoever you want to invite.

In the last seconds of the vid you can see that the main channel blinks smoothly when a new message arrived.
You can't have opened both chat boxes, so you have to switch between them.

Last note: you can accept an incoming invitation by clicking on that small exclamation mark in the right corner/bottom of the chat box.
Thats all - have fun chatting allll private stuff ;)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Hi all, Mz is right - thanks a lot for explanation :)
I made a vid from it, but had no time to upload it until now.
Well, here it is.
As you can see, you open a private channel by clicking on that bubble (you can right click on the new "private channel" and rename it then).
After that you open the list on the LEFT side of the chat box and invite whoever you want to invite.

In the last seconds of the vid you can see that the main channel blinks smoothly when a new message arrived.
You can't have opened both chat boxes, so you have to switch between them.

Last note: you can accept an incoming invitation by clicking on that small exclamation mark in the right corner/bottom of the chat box.
Thats all - have fun chatting allll private stuff ;)
Aaaah, you ment this video :D
But if you look, there is also an arrow to the left side (not on top) of the chat window.
This hint did it for me, something about a wrong contacts list. I had more troubles finding my mouse (ALT+/)

Forgot your password?