Howdy Star Travelers!

G_Nome

Lieutenant
Jul 21, 2017
RSI Handle
G_Nome
Where you from stranger?

I live in the middle of the land mass known as North America. It is a flat harsh land with wild temperature changes.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

I really enjoy sci-fi simulation games as I played Mechwarrior 2, Star Wars: Rebel Assault, and Heavy Gear 2 as a youth. I also have a passion for MMOs, I've really been looking for a game to sink my teeth into long term.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

Blockade running and risky salvage missions. I developed a play style after a stint playing another space game (some spreadsheet pushing economy sim) where I extracted great joy from the mischief I was able to spread. Called it the "Scan and Grab" even got some bounty's put on my head, mind you it was all a legit operation, wouldn't want to do any crimes...nope not me.

What was the first game you remember playing?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. I still find that game very difficult even now. Aaaaand now I'm hungry for pizza.

What other games do you play?

Competitive FPS games like Overwatch and World of Tanks. Sometimes I enjoy fighting games too like Street Fighter, Gundam Versus, and Soul Calibur.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?

After exhaustive research covering all other organizations with a population higher than 200 and previous MMO experience in PVP based games I discerned that TEST was the best choice. With a large active community, solid cross organization communication including Montoya's Youtube channel, and a laid back attitude I hope to fit in well.

Picard or Kirk?

High Guard Captain Dylan Hunt, because Andromeda was a Roddenberry show too!

Last edited:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Fist off, Welcome to Test Squadron!

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

Blockade running and risky salvage missions. I developed a play style after a stint playing another space game (some spreadsheet pushing economy sim) where I extracted great joy from the mischief I was able to spread. Called it the "Scan and Grab" even got some bounty's put on my head, mind you it was all a legit operation, wouldn't want to do any crimes...nope not me.

LOL, were you scanning down wrecks and ninja salvaging level 4 missions or was it some other kind of item retrieval of goods people wastefully abandoned? I could see some level for mission runner getting butt mad if their wrecks and loot were cleaned up. IIRC you could salvage the wreck without looting it first and the loot would pop into a can and you could loot the can without getting flagged since it cleared ownership.

G_Nome

Lieutenant
Jul 21, 2017
RSI Handle
G_Nome
Fist off, Welcome to Test Squadron!

LOL, were you scanning down wrecks and ninja salvaging level 4 missions or was it some other kind of item retrieval of goods people wastefully abandoned? I could see some level for mission runner getting butt mad if their wrecks and loot were cleaned up. IIRC you could salvage the wreck without looting it first and the loot would pop into a can and you could loot the can without getting flagged since it cleared ownership.
You know it. Myself and several of my friends salvaged in high-sec space using ships equipped with fancy sensor suites and many MANY tractor beams. It was kind of a race to see who could grab the most loot when our swarm of scavengers warped into the mission space.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
You know it. Myself and several of my friends salvaged in high-sec space using ships equipped with fancy sensor suites and many MANY tractor beams. It was kind of a race to see who could grab the most loot when our swarm of scavengers warped into the mission space.
LOL, I've never done that. Thought about it, but moved from level 4 running in a perma tank domi to null sec archaeology sometime before they changed the mechanic and added hacking interface. I loved the blockade running and scanning. I used a interdiction nullified covert ops tengu with the archeology and scanning mods and a microwarp drive or afterburner. I think I had some inertia stabilizers to improve the align time to get through gate camps quicker. You had a bigger cargo hold as a cruiser so you could hold a lot more loot, and nobody could catch you. The only thing that would be an issue is if they left cans or stuff all around to decloak you when you jumped in and had a bunch of insta lock ships on the ball and ready to try and pop you or tackle you.

One time when I got board and was heading back to high sec I stopped by one of the stations I think near 6VDT after the goons took it from Test before they got annihilated by Test and friends. I set up a couple book marks about 120 kilometers apart form each other and some a little over 150 KM apart. I would decloak and wait till someone noticed and started burning to me, and I'd be aligned and just jump to one of the other book marks just before they got within warp scramler/destablizer range and would cloak as I move to the next. I'd keep teasing them and moving the book marks till their's a half dozen or so running around their station trying to catch me. I named my ship the "Greased Up Deaf Guy" and would link the family guy video in chat when I got board and left. I'd also link that after skipping through gate camps.

Forgot your password?