Commander
Nov 21, 2022
RSI Handle
avasture
I'm avasture, nice to e-meet you all.

A little about me.... I've got a massive repertoire of dad jokes. For example:

How does NASA prepare for a party?

They PLANET....

I enjoy the leisure activities of building home networks that are better than most medium sized companies. Mine has VPN with split tunneling, media servers and video routers for all the TVs in the house, and badge access doors. That last one was a PITA to do.

I encourage my son to have LAN parties because I miss the 90s. Of course, I take his LAN parties to 11 by giving them a 24 port managed switch that connects back via Mil-Spec fiber....

Up until recently I also hosted an 800 player MineCraft server for my kids and their friends. Their school also used it for a MineCraft club over COVID.

I have earned the Best Dad Ever 10 years in a row. Solidly beating out all the other competition (FYI, there was no other competition).

Other leisure activates I enjoy are restoring 45+ year old stereo equipment. Let me tell you, sourcing vacuum tubes and all the transistors and stuff is amazing fun. Of course, I really do all that so I can enjoy my 5000 records and 1300 reel to reel tapes over a proper set of speakers.

I like beer too, mostly because its delicious and I get to work out with all those 16oz curls!! It also makes working on my car that much easier! Mostly cause everyone needs a MINI Cooper with 500+ HP at the wheels........

Thanks for reading this far, my fingers hurt.
avasture

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I did indeed do that. Did that before joining here.

I hope you'll pardon me if I don't follow any socials though. I has reasons, and boy howdy are they good ones!
Good! I'm glad you did.

And don't worry, several other TESTies have good and even great reasons not to talk, including me. Don't worry, everyone comes as they are, and participates as they can. In TEST, you aren't alone.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Welcome to Test avasture!
Finally a guy that can put an end to all those 30Ks!
You can do that, right?
(Please say that you can!)
PS: Do you know what a Jolly-Roger cake is filled with?
Pie-Rats!

avasture

Commander
Nov 21, 2022
RSI Handle
avasture
@Mudhawk I'd insert my pirate laugh here (haarrrrrgh - de - haarrrrrgh) but my Jolly Roger cakes are filled with RUM! Cause pirates....

Jack Sparrow RUM.gif

This one is super fancy, mine have more rum....

*EDIT* I can fix your 30ks. Just monitor your Star Citizen traffic on your network. When you see it drop off massively, just alt+f4. That way you don't get a 30k because you elected to quit the game! Muwahahahaha!

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
*EDIT* I can fix your 30ks. Just monitor your Star Citizen traffic on your network. When you see it drop off massively, just alt+f4. That way you don't get a 30k because you elected to quit the game! Muwahahahaha!
That actually works for me. Sometimes the game doesn't know who the hell you are after (even when it's showing your friends list and events from your last session) that, but just restart it to fix that.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Muwahahahaha!
Pardon me, but that was the wrong laugh! The correct one goes " Mud-haw-haw-hawk!"
Aport from that it seems like a feasible sollution. I'm gonna try that.
Death before disconnect!!!

Reactions: Vavrik and Garonman
Forgot your password?