How's everyone doing?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
It's been a while since I've been around. I had to step away for a bit. SC progress is too slow for me to sit and watch on a daily basis. I just don't have that kind of patience. So I got wrapped up in some other games for a few years and let SC sit on a virtual shelf and gather some dust. ... and ohhh man. Things have been cooking up. I've been checking into it lately and it feels like time to dip another toe in with 3.17. At some point, SC's "alpha" will contain more usable content than most games at release. I'm sure we all have a mental list of those games. It actually looks like SC crossed that line while I wasn't paying attention...

So how are things going? How's everyone doing?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Aloha, welcome back!

What's going on? Erm...?

Not sure if you were around when TEST passed 20k members but that happened.

SOTS 16 is still missing but SOTS 49 just came out.

Chris Roberts and family moved to the UK for concentration on s42 and Disco Lando moved to the UK litterally today... Or yesterday...?

I think you may have missed the 400i arrival too. It's a very nice ship.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Aloha, welcome back!

What's going on? Erm...?

Not sure if you were around when TEST passed 20k members but that happened.

SOTS 16 is still missing but SOTS 49 just came out.

Chris Roberts and family moved to the UK for concentration on s42 and Disco Lando moved to the UK litterally today... Or yesterday...?

I think you may have missed the 400i arrival too. It's a very nice ship.

Watch, in 10 years, SOTS 16 will come out as some "found footage" Blaire Witch kind of thing. "The SOTS that was too dangerous to release"...

I did see the new Manchester news, along with the projected employee count. CIG is over 1k now? That's nothing to scoff at. It beats alot of other AAA studios for sure. Not some of the big ones like EA and Activision at around 10k, but definitely bigger than some of the other big name brands. It's exciting to see them ramp up like this.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, a quick recap of events you might've missed:

Mythbusters made an episode about busting the myth that Star Citizen is a scam, but turns out it's not bustable, because Star Citizen is a scam 100% confirmed, affirmed and notarized. Then Derek Smart ascended to godhood and moved to Tibet of all places. Meanwhile Chris Roberts is now wanted in all the UN nations for pulling off the biggest scam ever, but turns out all the money Star Citizen has raised was actually going towards developing a real life Freelancer, which CR used to evade capture. He is currently living as a bounty hunting cargo hauler somewhere around Mars.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, a quick recap of events you might've missed:

Mythbusters made an episode about busting the myth that Star Citizen is a scam, but turns out it's not bustable, because Star Citizen is a scam 100% confirmed, affirmed and notarized. Then Derek Smart ascended to godhood and moved to Tibet of all places. Meanwhile Chris Roberts is now wanted in all the UN nations for pulling off the biggest scam ever, but turns out all the money Star Citizen has raised was actually going towards developing a real life Freelancer, which CR used to evade capture. He is currently living as a bounty hunting cargo hauler somewhere around Mars.
Ah, yes! I clearly remember that happening.

I also recall John Crew the Vehicle Pipeline Director taking part in the Tour De France by accident on a child's tricycle - he placed first and was offered the the Yellow Jersey for that stage but he said yellow reminded him of TEST too much and the colour didn't compliment his eyes, so he turned down the jersey and the opportunity to continue in the competition and claim the top prize because he had to go strip out a knackered old Renault Twingo into a badass track-car. If he can get the same gains out of that car as he did the child's tricycle the world should be very worried indeed, but that would involve cutting a hole in the floor of the car and pushing it along with his feet like Fred Flintstone and apparently that's an MOT fail in the UK (yearly Vehicle Road Worthiness check).

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
It's been a while since I've been around. I had to step away for a bit. SC progress is too slow for me to sit and watch on a daily basis. I just don't have that kind of patience. So I got wrapped up in some other games for a few years and let SC sit on a virtual shelf and gather some dust. ... and ohhh man. Things have been cooking up. I've been checking into it lately and it feels like time to dip another toe in with 3.17. At some point, SC's "alpha" will contain more usable content than most games at release. I'm sure we all have a mental list of those games. It actually looks like SC crossed that line while I wasn't paying attention...

So how are things going? How's everyone doing?
Welcome back!

Forgot your password?