Huge Cameras on the Suits...

Inq Alloy

Commander
Apr 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Inq Alloy
The Townhall was very nice but at some point something started nagging very annoyingly in the back of my head....
Unbenannt.png

Its fuckin year ~3000 ac!!!!!! Why is there this gigantous surveilance cam on his shoulder!!!!

But then I it came to me! its just evolotion!

images.jpg

I could already see the slogans:
ARE YOU LONELY ON YOUR SPACE PILLAGES?
IS NOONE THERE TO SHARE YOUR BOOTY?

BECOME A REAL PIRATE!!!! GET THE ULTRA SLICK-LOOKING AND STREAM-LINED APPLE PARROT (TM)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The Townhall was very nice but at some point something started nagging very annoyingly in the back of my head....
View attachment 6862
Its fuckin year ~3000 ac!!!!!! Why is there this gigantous surveilance cam on his shoulder!!!!

But then I it came to me! its just evolotion!

View attachment 6863

I could already see the slogans:
ARE YOU LONELY ON YOUR SPACE PILLAGES?
IS NOONE THERE TO SHARE YOUR BOOTY?

BECOME A REAL PIRATE!!!! GET THE ULTRA SLICK-LOOKING AND STREAM-LINED APPLE PARROT (TM)
I agree it looks a bit weird and... ugly?

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
A while back I had a glitch, the one were the weapon attachments and stuff were sticking to you and moving around in odd ways. I had the rifle scope stuck to the side of my head in a fixed position. If you looked at it from the right angle it looked like I had a Predator Shoulder Plasma Cannon.

You could even see through the scope to my helmet, with the reticle and everything.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
It's big, and it's 1000 year in the future tech. Maybe it's big because it's super tough and can see the whole EM spectrum as well as do X-ray scanning, MRI scanning, and electron scanning and has super telescope and microscope zoom.
And it's probably got a bar code reader so you can get a price check at the space Wal-mart

Khad

Vice Admiral
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Khadbanks
Well we have pinhole cameras today but the quality isn't as great. The highest quality cameras are still gigantic even today. In the future, pinhole cameras will be of much greater quality but to get whatever the best quality there is, you'd still have something bigger. Then in a few years, that quality "shrinks" to the pinhole and something better comes out and is that larger standard.

I think I remember reading/seeing that people with those cameras are similar to news crews/filmers so they would have the highest quality stuff, which would not be too unbelievable that it looks like a camera mounted on a shoulder.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Well this is the Explorer's armor, so I'd assume it has an added function to that capacity. Perhaps it has a turbo-crazy zoom on it or it has night vision, or its how you document your discoveries. Who knows. All I know is I would be happier if it were a predator gun...or a parrot. A ROBOT parrot that speaks only in curse words

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well this is the Explorer's armor, so I'd assume it has an added function to that capacity. Perhaps it has a turbo-crazy zoom on it or it has night vision, or its how you document your discoveries. Who knows. All I know is I would be happier if it were a predator gun...or a parrot. A ROBOT parrot that speaks only in curse words
and has lazer beam eyes, cant forget that.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Barring the use of "year 3000 technology" as an out, cameras can only ever get so small depending on how far away you want to see because of angular resolution. It's why the Hubble telescope can't see the lunar lander on the moon, or why you need a big ass zoom lens to make small things bigger. Then, like others have said, it probably has additional capabilities and has to work in space (which means it has to have a self contained cooling system) the size isn't surprising. And if you're a neutral reporter you'll probably want people to see the camera so they're less inclined to shoot you.

I agree that it needs to be a parrot though. Guess we'll have to wait for mod support for that.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Haven't they heard of Go-Pro.. I can fit one in my cap-hat you wouldn't even know it's there....

and for that matter the Predator movie is made in the frecking 80's what the hell did they know about go-pro back then..
I mean a handy cam back then was big as a basketball and every one thought this is the smallest a cam ever will be thinking VHS is the never going away in the movie industry that was the future ha ha ha ha ha.....

I say, F*ck get with the program if it's 3K ac.... how hard can it be when it's fantasy, fantasy up some shit..
LMAO ha ha ha...

Just my 2 nickles... CHEERS! :beers: :beers: :beers:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As someone who likes cameras all I can say is: There is only so far you can push the laws of physics.

Light is a wavelength, so photoreceptors can only get so small before the light won't fit in the light-well that the pixel needs to record the scene. We are not near that yet, but 900 years is a long time. We'll hit the wavelength limit sooner or later itty bitty good cameras may not be possible in the long run. The smaller the photosite (the thing that makes a pixel) the more light is needed. Not good in space.

Also, silicone can only converts about 50% of light in to digital signal. In the darkness of space either you'll need a big iris in the camera to let as much light in as possible (hence big camera box) OR we'll have a totally different recording sensor like an artificially grown biological eyeball. Eyeballs are delicate, so much defence and support systems needed to keep it... fresh.

I know what you are thinking. My Cameraphone is mini and we are 900 years away, they'll improve the quality, won't they? WELL what if I were to tell you your cameraphone is ALREADY crap and you are being FOOLED in to thinking it is good with software! Camera phones, super-zoom compacts and Mirrorless Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens camera makers analyse the lenses put in your camera and program the camera to photoshop the image IN REAL TIME even as you line up the shot before you take the picture. Any wonkyshit is corrected. Basically your photo is a simulation of reality - the light that landed on the sensor is not the same as the picture you see, although the picture you see is the same as the scene you took a picture of. Maybe in 900 years people are sick of being bullshitted?

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
It's big, and it's 1000 year in the future tech. Maybe it's big because it's super tough and can see the whole EM spectrum as well as do X-ray scanning, MRI scanning, and electron scanning and has super telescope and microscope zoom.
Hey man... I think I hurt my knee yesterday when playing Uber SPACE RUGBY... Any chance you can MRI it for me with your camera?

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Hey man... I think I hurt my knee yesterday when playing Uber SPACE RUGBY... Any chance you can MRI it for me with your camera?
Awesome thing is if you have ubiquitous scanning equipment like that, then you could just snap a pic like you said and send it to a doc in a box or Über advanced future google AI will tell you what's wrong and where the closest aid station is with directions and price estimate of treatment.

Forgot your password?