Hull A

TheDubya

Vice Admiral
Mar 26, 2021
RSI Handle
TheDubya
I really like the Raft, I think it's a great looking boat and will definitely have one at some point for a shuttle. The Hull A seems nice, but I personally will shoot for the B or C.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm going for Hull D myself, but really curious about Hull A as well, seen how it's the first Hull that's out.
And whatever happened to Hull C? Originally it had far more progress than Hull A, heck, some leaked footage had it pretty much complete before Hull A even began development...
I mean, I'm all for taking your time and making it good rather than making it fast. But just wondering where it went.

All in all, I'm really curious about the whole Hull series, and I think I'll definitely be getting Hull A / Hull B in game. It'll also be rather interesting to see if Hull A can fit inside of a Banu Merchantman, the dimensions seem like it just might (unladen). Just imagine setting down with a BMM, setting up a bazaar, and then instead of waiting around for NPCs to do their shopping, you hop in a Hull A and go make few extra monies around the planet and the moons, possibly returning to BMM at times to grab or deliver some wares that have vastly different prices in other systems so you'll make some extra profit there as well.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hull A will probably be a very good logistic ship for all those ships with hangar. Bringing much needed supplies and so on. And small enough to land in all current hangars (carrack excepted).

It's part of my fleet to support big ships I have as a ship carried for long run missions (very low profile in hangar so you can add one in addition to another ship in most hangars like Odyssey, Polaris...).

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'm going for Hull D myself, but really curious about Hull A as well, seen how it's the first Hull that's out.
And whatever happened to Hull C? Originally it had far more progress than Hull A, heck, some leaked footage had it pretty much complete before Hull A even began development...
I mean, I'm all for taking your time and making it good rather than making it fast. But just wondering where it went.

All in all, I'm really curious about the whole Hull series, and I think I'll definitely be getting Hull A / Hull B in game. It'll also be rather interesting to see if Hull A can fit inside of a Banu Merchantman, the dimensions seem like it just might (unladen). Just imagine setting down with a BMM, setting up a bazaar, and then instead of waiting around for NPCs to do their shopping, you hop in a Hull A and go make few extra monies around the planet and the moons, possibly returning to BMM at times to grab or deliver some wares that have vastly different prices in other systems so you'll make some extra profit there as well.
I think the Hull series is going through a refactor because of things they did with the Hull A just made a lot of sense. I hope the end up doing some of the same things with the Freelancer's. That airlock just makes sense. The RAFT as it is right now needs to be updated as well, or it won't make any sense to use it as more than a point to point transport for a larger cargo ship that has problems landing on a planet or moon. Hull C, D, E come to mind in that regard.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
From what I recall it was mentioned the technology for moving Physics Grids on ships like the Hull C were note working very well at all so even though the ship was almost finished it just couldn't be used until that tech was perfected.

The Hull A doesn't have any grids you interact with, but the C has a spinal hall which expands/contracts with the ship as it opens for cargo and contracts for being able to land etc and that was buggering everything up.

The docking gantries for ships like the 890j at stations can expand and contract so it seems that tech has come closer to fruition however I could be mistaken and it might not have been that at all.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a cute little ship - massive fuel tanks and a efficient jump drive = around the verse on 1 tank 'o' gas!

Loaner for my Hull B. Cant wait for the Hull B now!!!

ScreenShot-2022-05-02_13-08-22-F20.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-05-02_16-51-10-B00.jpg

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Default is slow but fuel from port olisar to port treslar like 50uec cheaper than a pair of socks.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
While it has a huge Q fuel tank
Waaait, I just only now realized how absolutely huge that qFuel tank is. Hull A got a longer range than a freaking CARRACK!
Oh my. It even beats Mercury Star Runner.
I think that's going to get rebalanced at some point. But just wow. This thing would definitely be going places.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Waaait, I just only now realized how absolutely huge that qFuel tank is. Hull A got a longer range than a freaking CARRACK!
Oh my. It even beats Mercury Star Runner.
I think that's going to get rebalanced at some point. But just wow. This thing would definitely be going places.
The only ship with larger at the moment is the Raft, at over 27,000 Quantum Fuel

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?