the Washington Post reports Dorian as a Category 5 storm now

Reactions: Mich Angel

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
If anyone ever wondered why this guy in Texas(me) likes doing Hurricane Watch its simply because as a Texan I like weather watching. Hurricanes are just big pieces of weather so they're fun to watch and make predictions. And 2nd I want our members to stay safe so if this helps even a little bit then mission accomplished. Also it bumps my post count.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If anyone ever wondered why this guy in Texas(me) likes doing Hurricane Watch its simply because as a Texan I like weather watching. Hurricanes are just big pieces of weather so they're fun to watch and make predictions. And 2nd I want our members to stay safe so if this helps even a little bit then mission accomplished. Also it bumps my post count.
All good reasons. I mean it beats a few other things you could talk about, and people might find something useful or important in it. I pay attention to the NOAA reports, but it's more passing attention these days, until it's something that can affect me or friends. It's fascinating though.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
IF it goes up the coast...

They usually die down once they make landfall.

if it was a bit higher (like Bahama's level) it would most likely get picked up by the Gulf Stream and go riding all the way up the coast, dumping water all along the way.

At this level, it could hit FL, go across, and then re-form as a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico--> that would probably be the worst scenario.

The next 24-48 hours are going to be really important to watch.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
if it was a bit higher (like Bahama's level) it would most likely get picked up by the Gulf Stream and go riding all the way up the coast, dumping water all along the way.

At this level, it could hit FL, go across, and then re-form as a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico--> that would probably be the worst scenario.

The next 24-48 hours are going to be really important to watch.
If that happens and @Jolly_Green_Giant thinks it will then oh boy the storm surge will be like a tsunami for Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?