Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
No, this is what makes Eve great!

I know this sounds terrible, but its the mere fact that terrible betrayals like this happen is the reason you see articles written about it on major sites like PCGamer.

When is the last time you read a good article about ESO Online or Ark of this magnitude?

You don't!

For the record, the only physical threat I have ever made is to kiss @CosmicTrader on the lips.
Thats a threat?

PotatoSauc3

Commander
Sep 9, 2017
RSI Handle
PotatoSauc3
Reactions: Talonsbane and Ezz

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
Thats a threat?
This is eve.... yeah i left eve because i thought it was too expensive for me, but now i have put all the money into sc. together with a expensive pc, i have to admit gaming is a very expensive hobby.

if you get a motorcycle it is cheaper.

chopping hands off, i'd rather say they wanted to make a code red on him, but he would recover from that.

if someone destroys my life, in playing my favorite game and all, i would also be very angry. the victim recorded it all and im sure there was more in common than the pc gamer says.

it looks rather to me like something va did, making fake evidence by giving only one side of the story to the public.

the pc gamer only wanted a story with this "chopping hands off"

no one would read if it would be written, "another betrayal...." , rather ppl would stop playing eve.

Reactions: Talonsbane and Ezz

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I think they should allow for leaders of guilds to set up a counsel so that major decisions such as releasing ships to other orgs so so forth cannot be done via 1 person. I had a similar incident when I ran an endgame guild called mooglemusketeers in Final fantasy 11 back in the day. I decided to needed to pass the leadership over as I was leaving my state to another state and needed to set my life back up. I told the guild I wasn't sure if I was going to come back or not. I then passed primary leadership to one player, financial to another, so on so forth. I got periodic messages from players in the guild about how things were going and they kept urging me to come back to lead but I said you are with a good leader and you need to listen to him. About 5 months later the leader stole the guild bank which had about 20million gil in it a lot of guild equipment from raids and all the god pop items that the guild had collected over the last 5 months and swapped to another server. I then came back gave all my guild to the members and had to reorganize the guild.(I was rich in game and could make millions on demand due to some secret lucrative strats I made early game) The guild eventually recovered but the trust for leaders other than myself was gone by major members and we lost a lot of members due to this. I will say though that betrayals are a thing in MMOs and there will always be big things like this all we have to do as leaders is send our addresses to @Montoya so that he knows who's hands to chop off in these cases.

Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmmmm...

So options for our org not to be destroyed like this:

1) Be Crap. Nothing of value means nothing to destroy - Just because we may be one of the biggest does not mean we have to be the richest, most violent etc...

B) Have a tyrant. No officers means no backstabbing. For the Glory of Montoya!

1.3) Have something akin to Nuclear Codes where the top 4/5/6 officers have to all input their code for something retarded to happen. Slows everything down as nothing can happen without 100% agreement, but would mean nothing could happen without 100% agreement, like transferring all of the Orgs funds to that nice Tevarin Prince from Taranis who says he'll be able to use it to release his ancestral wealth and triple our investment overnight... pffft right.

IV) Create such a wonderful community that it can't be destroyed. Even if ravaged like co2 the community would hopefully just carry on regardless... I think the community part may have already happened, which is nice.

Five) Perhaps encourage a private member saving scheme - If 20% of earnings goes to the Org, 20% stay in each and every members savings and the rest of the 60% is left to the member, if that Tevarin Prince does run off with the money we'd have an emergency Org fund equal to the amount lost spread across all of its loyal members. The members release the funds and we go kick the crap out of whoever nicked our Orgs readies (in the game).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So... Another question...

If ADI became one of if not the biggest Org in SC, and one day one of their officers ran past with a suitcase stuffed with fifties and said "Hey, TEST, have these Space Stations ADI won't be needing anymore!" Would we take 'em like our EVE namesake seem to do (I don't know enough about EVE to know how that would work), or would we be like "Awww, hell no!"?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

If ADI became one of if not the biggest Org in SC, and one day one of their officers ran past with a suitcase stuffed with fifties and said "Hey, TEST, have these Space Stations ADI won't be needing anymore!" Would we take 'em like our EVE namesake seem to do (I don't know enough about EVE to know how that would work), or would we be like "Awww, hell no!"?
That's really up to @Montoya and his leadership group and each member should respect that decision even if they don't agree with doing it.

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated

If you had said they flew by with a hauler full of ADIs beer and the codes to all of their beer warehouses well I'm sure you know the answer.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Being the token non-drinker in the organisation I will be sure to record all of the information as it happened to let you all know as you recover from the hang over. Then drive you all back to the bar to drink away your sorrows.
I was planning on starting a non-drinker group called "Designated Drivers" - We'd be the most important group in the Org as someone has got to point the drunks in the right direction.

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
I was planning on starting a non-drinker group called "Designated Drivers" - We'd be the most important group in the Org as someone has got to point the drunks in the right direction.
Don't they call those people fleet commanders? Which have amazing skills such as +20 herding cats and patience.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Don't they call those people fleet commanders? Which have amazing skills such as +20 herding cats and patience.
Hmmmm, i think we'll need to invest in some cattle prods. I can't think of a way to harness the "Watch THIS!" or "What happens if..." moments into a workable form of attack though.

Forgot your password?