I am nailing it as a Parent!

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
Got my 5 year old into Rocket League, Mario Bros, Minecraft, and Lego. Her favorite show right now is the old Super Mario Bros shows. Totally nailing it.

New kid incoming, must implement 5 year plan to have both as crew members on my ship. Maybe there will be a 3 seater aurora by then. :)

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Got my 5 year old into Rocket League, Mario Bros, Minecraft, and Lego. Her favorite show right now is the old Super Mario Bros shows. Totally nailing it.

New kid incoming, must implement 5 year plan to have both as crew members on my ship. Maybe there will be a 3 seater aurora by then. :)
Teaching children to fly in formation is an important life skill to have.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
New kid incoming, must implement 5 year plan to have both as crew members on my ship.
Woohoo! Congrats on the future turret gunner. Keep those plans in place. We're gonna need a new generation of fresh eyes and steady hands to fly and shoot for us. Especially with the amount of liquor we imbibe.

Pass me a beer would ya?
Cheers

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Play a cartoon on the Ipad trick.
It works wonders while they eat, in the car, and anywhere.
Be careful with carsickness though. I've had to ban tablets and phones in my car because kids kept getting pukey/sick (thankfully nothing got on my seats, but I'm not a gambler with my car lol).

NinjaGirl

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2015
RSI Handle
NinjaGirl
Hurry up and publish : Montoya's guide to raising spiderman

just sayin, this what to expect stuff is total crap.
I don't know how people read those books.. I couldn't get past the first page it was sooooo boring! And I love reading! So we just winged it.. The results (besides superhero preferences over Disney princesses): Montoya has trained the kids to chase me around with lightsabers before bed time. Fun times!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't know how people read those books.. I couldn't get past the first page it was sooooo boring! And I love reading! So we just winged it.. The results (besides superhero preferences over Disney princesses): Montoya has trained the kids to chase me around with lightsabers before bed time. Fun times!
Haha, lightsabers before bed? That's awesome. It sounds about perfect. :)

My wife and I are taking a 'common sense approach', rather than a 'book telling us how to change diapers and feed and cloth and walk and talk and breathe' approach.

We got rid of those damn things as soon as soon as we started reading them. We must be doing something right because the little rascal is starting to walk and he's 9 months old. So advanced. Haha.

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?