I did a 180 on Fallout 76.. now I love it!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I really loved the first fallout games they where a lot of fun. Due to the over whelming negative publicity for the game play mechanics I have not purchased this. It would be like star citizen selling its FPS shooter as a full game and really compared to FPS shooters its crap.

That being said I am glad you are enjoying the experience sometimes immersion is enough to over come game play flaws.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
And I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm planning on trying it again once it's spent some more time baking in the oven.
We are not strangers to game development here.

Bethesda could have worked on this for another 9 months IMO, but they wanted it out fast.

I have not hit any game breaking bugs except that one kiosk you needed to fix which was glitched. That was patched.

Speaking of patches, no delta patcher means you download gigs each time they need to make some small change, sound familiar?

There is a lot they need to fix, but I have enjoyed my experience so far.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The game has its flaws, no hiding that, but this is not the final product. This is the starting point.
I think this is a major problem, it has many flaws just from the video's I watched and I watched many because I was up in the air about purchasing it, the problem is releasing a game in alpha or beta and calling it a finished product and selling it as a finished product, this to me is unacceptable and should have penalties and recourse for it, people don't pay 60$ for a game and then want to hear "its not a final product" sure they made their dough but at what cost? Their name? Their credibility? Just like the past few Ubisoft disasters like The Division, For Honor and Ghost Recon all were pitched as class A titles and finished products but lets face it The Division did not get better till almost a year after it was launched, For Honor was absolutely horrible with its P2P system and is still struggling to survive and I doubt it will see another year before being yanked totally, Ghost Recon while I enjoyed a lot and played for months had zero endgame, the DLC's were junk, the 10 minute predator addon was a joke lol. The problem is selling an unfinished product and expecting people to come back when its done does not work, I will never go back to those and now because of Ubisoft's horrible actions I don't even buy them anymore unless I hear a reviews is 4/5 or 9/10 stars and now Bethesda in showing a similar pattern, lets put junk out and make money and fix a year later and hope people come back, sorry its not going to work most will never come back due to being taken advantage of and being sour.

Sorry for the rant but accepting that companies sell unfinished products is something the gaming communities should not do, hold them accountable and do it right, every time someone says its ok their still working on it lets them off the hook IMO, if it takes another year so be it, as much as I want star citizen to be done I am still waiting because I want it done right.

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
I really have to agree with Phil here. Bethesda was trying to pass off an incomplete product as complete. Had they managed expectations better things may have gone differently. I work in the Dev/QA cycle and I know what they did. They shaved a year or two off development time and they will fix bugs as they come across them with the player base.
I'm sure some players will be just fine with it and will enjoy it. For me there are to many other completed great games so i'm just not willing to put up with it. FO76 is a hard pass for me and I will be very skeptical of future releases.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Any of us, especially those of us in the “I spent a stupid amount of money on Star Citizen” club cannot criticise Fallout 76 for being incomplete with a straight face.

Sorry for the rant but accepting that companies sell unfinished products is something the gaming communities should not do, hold them accountable and do it right, every time someone says its ok their still working on it lets them off the hook IMO, if it takes another year so be it, as much as I want star citizen to be done I am still waiting because I want it done right.
This is in essence Derek Smart’s criticism of SC. It’s not valid when he says it and it’s not valid when we say it. Value is in the eye of the buyer.

Reactions: Ammorn and Horatus

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
I have to disagree. I know what I was getting into with SC and I chose to gamble money on an idea. I still choose to do so. They are also being really open on the development process and SC has admitted mistakes in the past. FO76 was pushed as a completed project.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
FO76 was pushed as a completed project.
This is the way I see it. S42/SC won't go on the shelves until it's ready.

So many games these days seem to go live before they are ready.

EDIT - no offence to developers. I'm just sore, is all.

Last edited:

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
Any of us, especially those of us in the “I spent a stupid amount of money on Star Citizen” club cannot criticise Fallout 76 for being incomplete with a straight face.
I easily can . And believe me - in case CIG decided to call SC "released" or even "beta" in its current shape - I will look into grey market opportunities to get out . I'm fine helping to get bugs out from the software as long as no-one tries to convince me that it is "release ready" )

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Sorry for the rant but accepting that companies sell unfinished products is something the gaming communities should not do

This all hinges on your definition of an unfinished product.

As far as laying down the basics for how this game works and the opening quest, this game is complete.

Some bad frame rates, clunky AI and server disconnects do not rate as feature incomplete to me. I rate those as bugs they can iron out in the coming months.

Im just about done the main campaign so my honeymoon period is coming to close. My biggest complaint is that this is supposed to be a 10yr plan, but this game engine was showing its age badly back in Fallout 4.

I do not understand how they think they can squeeze another 2yrs, never mind 10yrs from this game engine.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
This all hinges on your definition of an unfinished product.

As far as laying down the basics for how this game works and the opening quest, this game is complete.

Some bad frame rates, clunky AI and server disconnects do not rate as feature incomplete to me. I rate those as bugs they can iron out in the coming months.

Im just about done the main campaign so my honeymoon period is coming to close. My biggest complaint is that this is supposed to be a 10yr plan, but this game engine was showing its age badly back in Fallout 4.

I do not understand how they think they can squeeze another 2yrs, never mind 10yrs from this game engine.
The game was rushed out with no longer term plan, it seems pretty clear from the lack of content and a very shite platform to tack more content onto over time.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I played hardcore till level 109, sometimes launching several nukes in one day.
Now I'm taking a break, getting some real life things done.

The games got bugs yeah and does crash sometimes, however the gameplay itself is quite fun.
I'd recommend giving Fallout 76 a try, without getting too much input from negative reviews.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
I think i was level 76 when i logged out. For a game with no content and npc's there is some pretty cool content and NPC's. I wish legendaries would be better, most of the stuff you get is total crap, but for the most part game is good. Btw here are the upcoming patch notes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a0veqq View: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a0veqq/communication_moving_forward/

Hi r/fo76,
We know you’re frustrated and angry at the state of things right now, whether it’s the issues you’re running into in the game, or the lack of communication about fixes, updates, or news. To be clear, this account is run by us, Bethesda Game Studios community team. Yesterday we posted to let you know that we’re still here gathering your feedback and, more importantly, working to get info from the team we can share. We didn’t want you to think the silence meant nothing was happening. We're sorry and understand this was not the right approach, and we’ll work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.
We’re posting an article today that has further information about the upcoming updates that were mentioned a few weeks ago. In addition, we’re aiming to get you the patch notes for these updates quicker and will have them available for December 4th’s update later this week. Probably Thursday or Friday. We’d like to make these articles weekly to make sure you know what the studio is working on as it relates to issues you may be experiencing, quality of life requests you have, or new features they’re excited to share.
Please take a look at the below to see what we’re posting today on Fallout.com, and as always, let us know if you have any thoughts or feedback. This article covers high-level issues being worked on as the patch notes will go at length into what’s being fixed with each update.
December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:
  • Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.
  • PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Thank you, and please don’t stop letting us know how we can improve our communication and what else needs to be addressed in the game. Once we finalize the patch notes for the December 4 update, we’ll be sure to post them here and all patch notes and weekly updates going forward.

Reactions: Ammorn
Forgot your password?