I don't often read the SC forums, but this one...

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
From Star Citizen General forums...

Feel so bad for the guy that thought his cargo issue was a bug. Read on and enjoy, gave me a good laugh

Also... LOCK YOUR SHIPS!!

Rick Skynight@Skynight
PTU is starting to feel more MMO-ish
discussion
Today at 08:27 pm
PTU

So last night / this morning I spent about 5 hours in the PTU. I decided to finally try out some of the missions, most of which took me to Delamar for some reason.

My first mission was to find missing crew members! Basically in this mission you are to go to a wrecked site (in this case it was a crashed constellation) and scan the bodies of the crew, there are no survivors  

Upon landing there I see other players fighting over something and one of their ships gets destroyed! So I'm like "Oh shit I better land somewhere out of the way".. and "oh shit #2, I forgot to bring a gun!"...

So I land, jump out of my hornet and walk to the crash site. I see one of the players leave out the back of his cutlass with his SMG drawn running toward the other player's burning ship. So I said f*ck it and ran in back of his cutlass because the ramp was still down, jump into the pilot's chair, start it up and take off! First time I've ever stolen anyone's ship. I see in chat he writes "Did someone just steal my cutlass??".. I admitted to it and then brought it back to him a few mins later. I thought it was funny, and a good lesson to lock your ships!

About an hour later I land at another crash site, and there is a player at a downed caterpillar. He's taking the cargo from the caterpillar and putting it in the back of cutlass. So I hide in the shadows.. Every time he comes back with a box, drops it off and runs back to get another, I run to the back of his ship and take the box and hide it behind the big rock I am also hiding behind. He comes back. I think he notices the boxes are starting to go missing. He draws is pistol.. runs around in circles looking for me or whoever.. Then puts in chat "I think there is a bug with cargo, it keeps disappearing from my ship."

So he goes and takes off to go somewhere else and I start loading the cargo I stole from his ship onto mine.

And for my last endeavor, I ended up stranded on yella.. Someone with a hoplite came by, landed did his mission. I made myself at home and sat in one of the seats in back... He comes back up the ramp sees me and is like "Why are you in my ship?" and I say "Lost mine and just need a ride back to Olli.." he puts gun away and says "ok cool" and he flies us back to the station.

Before yesterday and doing the missions, yeah it didnt feel all that MMO-ish.. But last night and this morning playing and interacting with other people really did make it feel like its coming together.. Also, PSA: lock your ships LOL

Annimus

Commander
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Annimus
About an hour later I land at another crash site, and there is a player at a downed caterpillar. He's taking the cargo from the caterpillar and putting it in the back of cutlass. So I hide in the shadows.. Every time he comes back with a box, drops it off and runs back to get another, I run to the back of his ship and take the box and hide it behind the big rock I am also hiding behind. He comes back. I think he notices the boxes are starting to go missing. He draws is pistol.. runs around in circles looking for me or whoever.. Then puts in chat "I think there is a bug with cargo, it keeps disappearing from my ship."
I LOL'ed so hard on this part. With stuff like this, you see that SC is really comming together, altough there is still a long way to go.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
After reading the title, my first thought was:

I don't always visit the SC forums

But when I do, I come back with enough salt to season a million servings of fries.

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
After reading the title, my first thought was:

I don't always visit the SC forums

But when I do, I come back with enough salt to season a million servings of fries.
Branson meme was swimming around in my head as I wrote the title, your instincts are 100%

I just can't bring myself to farm salt from the SC forum mines tho, had to bring a little gold back instead

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
God bless the curators who bring the rare nuggets of good content from the RSI forums here to the TESTiverse

Forgot your password?