I have a very dumb/noob question about ship upgrades

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
So, the noob/dumb question is, when upgrading ships, it says thst once an active beta starts, no more ship upgrades will be allowed. My question is, is there an eta on the beta? I mainly ask because I want a hammer head, and probably going to work a lot of over time to get it lol. Just hope there is enough time:p

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
There is no current eta on beta. It looks at least a couple off years of. From the presentation last year it looked like 4.0 was around that point and there was some belief that maybe that would be towards the beginning of next year. As we now know they didn't even get 3.0 done nevermind the others.

If you do not get it before the game you can always make it an in game goal. Given the rate of progress even just one hour of overtime a week will give you enough time before launch.

Last edited:

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
There is no current eta on beta. It looks at least a couple of years of. From the presentation last year it looked like 4.0 was around that point and there was some believe that maybe that would be towards the beginning of next year. As we now know they didn't even get 3.0 done nevermind the others.

If you do not get it before the game you can always make it an in game goal. Given the rate of progress even just one hour of overtime a week will give you enough time before launch.
Oh yeah for sure. I was gonna grind out an extra 60ish hours of ot in a pay period. Just want sure if they were releasing all this ship info cause a beta was coming soon or not. But if I got a few pay periods, that just makes things easy. Thanks for the info:)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
They release ships to raise funds for the project. They deliberately have them only available for a limited time (this is the annual sale) to encourage the must get them while you can attitude. The Hammerhead is in development though so there will be chance when it gets flight ready (but the price might go up).

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
SOON(tm) is the meme.
SOON(tm) has been the meme for a couple years now.
Further and more specific details will be made available SOON(tm).

(PS: I bet we have another year until beta, and this time next year, it won't surprise me in the slightest if there's another year yet to go. You've got time, but the Hammerhead, like other big warships, may not pop up for sale often in the next 1-2 years. Of course, that will be another 1-2 years of new boats we've never heard of yet...)

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
They release ships to raise funds for the project. They deliberately have them only available for a limited time (this is the annual sale) to encourage the must get them while you can attitude. The Hammerhead is in development though so there will be chance when it gets flight ready (but the price might go up).
Well we shall see I guess lol. Hopefully it doesn't go up too much higher

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
SOON(tm) is the meme.
SOON(tm) has been the meme for a couple years now.
Further and more specific details will be made available SOON(tm).

(PS: I bet we have another year until beta, and this time next year, it won't surprise me in the slightest if there's another year yet to go. You've got time, but the Hammerhead, like other big warships, may not pop up for sale often in the next 1-2 years. Of course, that will be another 1-2 years of new boats we've never heard of yet...)
True, then there will be something even bigger by then that is super awesome haha. We will see. All this is very awesome though. I upgraded to a redeemer. That will have to do for now.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
True, then there will be something even bigger by then that is super awesome haha. We will see. All this is very awesome though. I upgraded to a redeemer. That will have to do for now.
I don't have a Redeemer, but I'm optimistic about its coming rework. I suspect (nothing confirmed from CIG that I've heard of) it might get designed around being a dropship for the titan suits.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I think we have at least 1 or 2 years before we hit beta based on the iterations planned just for 3.x alone... all this takes a lot of time.. I think at least 2 years is a safe-ish assumption. ... maybe 3 or 4? lol

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I heard Beta was going to be this March. Just in time for spring break. You'd better hurry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile::laughing::money_mouth:

Also, a few of us will have CCU's in buy back for this bad boy, so talk to TEST before you go buying. You may be able to find a deal. Heavy on the 'may'.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I heard Beta was going to be this March. Just in time for spring break. You'd better hurry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile::laughing::money_mouth:

Also, a few of us will have CCU's in buy back for this bad boy, so talk to TEST before you go buying. You may be able to find a deal. Heavy on the 'may'.
First you say "March", then you say "may"... its obvious you need another beer!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I want a hammer head, and probably going to work a lot of over time to get it lol.
I don't know how much you already invested in the game, but if you really want a Hammerhead and have enough credits in the form of ships or sufficient credits in form of ships to ease the pain (meaning: you only need to pay 50-100 cash), than I would suggest:
- melt all your ships
- buy a hammerhead now with credits or credits and cash
- melt the hammerhead 24 hours later
- buy back your most favorite / expensive ship with your buy-back token
- wait until the next buy-back token gets released (they drop every 3 months)
- buy back less expensive ships with cash

This has the big advantage that:
- you already have an LTI Hammerhead in buyback
- later sales, if they sell the Hammerhead again will be without LTI
- you can spread the costs / pain

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So basically this guarantees you can purchase the ship "in buyback" in the future at the original cost even if it later increases, which means it is always available to you and with the original LTI? This is the point behind "buyback"?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't know how much you already invested in the game, but if you really want a Hammerhead and have enough credits in the form of ships or sufficient credits in form of ships to ease the pain (meaning: you only need to pay 50-100 cash), than I would suggest:
- melt all your ships

Sage advice. Listen to this man.
So basically this guarantees you can purchase the ship "in buyback" in the future at the original cost even if it later increases, which means it is always available to you and with the original LTI? This is the point behind "buyback"?
Yes. Ships in buyback will NOT increase in price, and will retain all the original attributes (LTI). CCUs in buyback, however, WILL increase in price if the ship that to CCU is to increases in price.

I have been buying and melting ships and CCUs since the sale started IOT facilitate the rebuilding of my fleet. A small fleet, but a fleet nonetheless.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So basically this guarantees you can purchase the ship "in buyback" in the future at the original cost even if it later increases, which means it is always available to you and with the original LTI?
Yeap
This is the point behind "buyback"?
Actually, I think that this isn't the point behind buy back, but it can be used like this. Since I have a lot small ships, Modules and BUKs, I can use them to get credits for a big ship.
Otherwise I wouldn't buy these ships because they are far beyond reach of my maximum cash investment at once per ship. Paying 700 dollars at once for a bunch of digital pixels I can't justify. Now I can stretch the costs over more months. Investing $50 - $100 per month in a game / fleet is much better.

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv

Ha ha very funny;)

And interesting. If you hear anything let me know. Depending how the paycheck goes this Friday, I may just spring for one. Just looks too epic

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
- melt all your ships

Good idea. I only have the redeemer though. Gonna have to spring 400 bucks lol

Forgot your password?