I have invented a new drink.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What kind of tea was it?
It was a circular bag so I believe it was Tetleys, however there was an unopened box of PG Tips nearby but they also had a jumbo bag of Typhoo... being work, it could have been anything. Any standard British Blend will probably work wonders.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Nah, I invented it a long time ago; well, to be fair: it was me and some nice young waitress at the Las Vegas McCarran Airport. I had a hot black tea and she was young, and the tea was black, and she was refilling complimentary coffee, and she did it. Black is black. My friend from India who saw this almost pissed herself ; ) Mainly because she knew how long it took me to order that tea 10 minutes before ---- let's say it's not too easy to order a tea that is not ice cold and full of ice in US.

Few years later I invented blackwine drink the same way. Red dry wine in a black glass was very dark, and pepsi was black, and it happened. But it tastes pretty cool.
Yeah, but you can't patent it or otherwise claim the invention of it since what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think we are opening up new and interesting areas for investigation here - technically speaking there has to be a type of tea that goes perfectly with a certain type of coffee?

I can imagine it now: Cofftea, Blue-Earl-Mountain-Gray edition. If we can convince people that drinking a coffee/tea blend is a good idea, Cofftea could become a hit.

But we are playing with poooowerful forces.... I think I know how the guys and gals who discovered that splitting the Atom was a thing felt....

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
HERESY

Jamaican Blue Mountain is the Nectar of the Gods

polluting it will get you consigned to the Ninth Circle of Hell
But Maynard, imagine the possibilities if we can unlock the combined potential of the Mountain Blue and the Grey Earl - That kind of power could be a force for good for all of mankind!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
But Maynard, imagine the possibilities if we can unlock the combined potential of the Mountain Blue and the Grey Earl - That kind of power could be a force for good for all of mankind!
remember what happened to Promethious Icarus when he flew too close to the sun

edit: wrong myth

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I think you're missing my point

he burned and crashed because he tried to do usurp the power of the Gods and overloaded his ass

combining the sacred Blue Mountain with the holy Earl Grey could be more than mere mortals can handle

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think you're missing my point

he burned and crashed because he tried to do steal the power of the Gods

combining the sacred Blue Mountain with the holy Earl Grey could have unintended consequences
I know what you mean, but if TEST doesn't develop this drink for the good of the Beer, ADI may develop it for the bad of the Certification...

Can we just idly sit by and let this potential be frittered away? To enjoy the Party, we must prepare for Work... Even if we devised Cofftea later once someone else had, we could not make up for the lost time... with a more mature blend in the hands of those who would wish to bore us with spreadsheets, we would just be left in a MAD situation (Mutually Assured Drinking)...

Maynard... please don't tell me you are card-carrying member of the Anti-Cofftea movement? Are you with the Campaign to Restore Authentic Percolation?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Maynard... please don't tell me you are card-carrying member of the Anti-Cofftea movement? Are you with the Campaign to Restore Authentic Percolation?
I am a Member in Good Standing of the Roasters and Grinders Guild and President of the Order of the Single Cup Pour-Over

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am a Member in Good Standing of the Roasters and Grinders Guild and the President of the Order of the Single Cup Pour-Over
Ye gads, the RGG and the OSCPO!

I will never be able to convince you, sir, but know this:

With a powerful blend of Cofftea in the hands of TEST, we would not necessarily have to use it... Just the knowledge that we are able to party all night and for half of the next day at full power may be enough to deter any hostile action against us.

All we have to do is drink responsibly.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I had a spare moment at work, so made myself a warm drink, which turned out to be most unexpected.

I used a quarter of a tablespoon of coffee, a teabag brewed for 3 minutes and a third of a tablespoon of sugar.

I have named it 'cofftea' and it tastes most like Minestrone soup.
Was the coffee coffee grounds or brewed coffee? I have all 3 ingrediants in my office so shouldnt be hard to do.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Was the coffee coffee grounds or brewed coffee? I have all 3 ingrediants in my office so shouldnt be hard to do.
Regular instant granules. Just prepare yourself.

I used a tablespoon because we had run out of teaspoons (like every office).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
ha ha, caffeine + alcohol = wide-awake drunks

the most dangerous kind, to be sure
Test Squadron, Best Squardon, it shall be the way we enter all dangerous situations in the 'Verse, very drunk and very awake. ;)

Forgot your password?