I have seen the light

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Gentlefolk of the illustrious TEST Squadron, I have sinned but now I see the light. For years I shunned Aurora in favor of larger more capable ships but from time to time bought an Aurora, only to melt it later for credit. In total before today I had flown an Aurora maybe once and it was in Arena Commander for 2 minutes.

During the Anniversary sale I asked for guidance and people told me to get an Aurora LN. Well I did but hadn't flown until today. Today I flew and Aurora MR(loaner for something) for much longer than 2 mins to get to Grimhex a couple times as a shuttle.

It was a very nice flight, very comfortable. Easy to maneuver and work with. It had many panels for easy readings. They didn't feel 'in my face either like many other ships. A light touch sent it flying where I wanted. It had great visibility which I don't think it had before. I could see a lot, even down below me a bit.

It means the next time a sale is on I will be buying the rest of the Aurora variants.

Thank you RSI and TEST Squadron.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
it is a testament to Dear Leader's foresight that he made the Aurora TEST's official ship of choice before anyone knew how it would fly

all hail our First Shillizen, Cult Leader @Montoya !

o7

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So good to hear you have discovered the Joy of the Aurora. I too aim to get all the variants in the fullness of time, I currently have the LN and LX with an MR loaner for the Origin X1 (might just keep the MR).

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Whatever, I am still salty about loosing my bad ass LN in a patch forever ago. I had two panthers and two badgers and I could destroy the universe. Unfortunately, patches have cycled the LN into less cool states.
Thats the current stock loadout of the Saber - Awesome Aurora Powah!

In my fevered dreams there will be modifications in game that will let us pimp our Auroras into something truly... unexpected.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Auroras' had size 2 whisker mounts and the Legionnaire had an additional two size 3 weapon mounts.
I have a suspicion that when ships are first flyable they are in their final most upgraded state and all the nerfs we are getting are simply the ships being bought down to their Stock level. I hope one day in game we will be able to put s3's on the wings and s2's on the whiskers once we have ungraded the relevant parts.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The other day, I properly TEST piloted (crashed into everything around me from the moment I activated it being flight ready) a loaner Aurora MR until I finally TEST landed (parked it upside down over the landing pad without it touching to hopefully avoid further criminal status issues) it back where I found it. So the 1st thing I did today was start off the new year by finally purchasing an Aurora of my own officially with the holiday pack. I then immediately "pimped it out" with an upgrade to the LN version. Until the TEST skin is available for purchase, I'll be using the Pirate skin. If ever we can design our own ship skins / paint jobs, I'll aim to give it a space penis look to properly portray that I plan on penetrating other pains in my ass with plenty of panache.

Forgot your password?